At Bowery, we’re making wildly delicious food more accessible to everyone. Driven by our proprietary end-to-end technology, our farms are transforming the entire fresh food supply chain to be simpler, safer, and vastly more sustainable.
We have 5 farms in operation (including state-of-the-art R&D and innovation farms) and we’re just getting started. We’re backed by tech and agriculture industry leaders with $647M in equity and debt capital, and our products are sold in over 1,400 locations.
Working at Bowery is more than just a job. It’s a chance to make a global impact with first-of-its-kind technology and ridiculously good food. We’re always looking for passionate minds to grow (and eat) with us! Ready to make a real difference? Join us. We’d love to have you here.
About The Role:
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician Assistant whose primary mission will be to act as a primary resource monitoring farm Process Automation Control (PAC) and conveyance systems, correcting and optimizing as issues arise. In addition to the primary duties of PAC and conveyance, this role also will work within the maintenance team to assist with corrective and planned maintenance when available. This role will report directly to the farm Production Supervisor.
What You'll Do:
- Monitor farm conveyance and PAC equipment and correct and optimize as issues arise
- Interface and work with DAC, DataPocket, and BoweryOS
- Perform planned and corrective maintenance when available
- Top performers will be actively involved in farm processing operations, working closely with operations supervisors and team leads to meet daily production plans relative to grow room and conveyance operations
Who You Are:
- Ability to read and understand product manuals
- Ability to work with computers and tablets, working with various software interface programs (DAC, DataPocket, BoweryOS) to monitor, control, and correct issues
- Ability to communicate in a timely manner with the operations team using Slack and radios
- Basic ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to work in or near cold, noise, water, and chemicals
- Ability to perform frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending, and kneeling
- Ability to identify and display proper use of various hand tools required to perform the role.
- Some knowledge of electricity and electrical components
- Some knowledge of mechanical components (gearboxes, chains, sprockets, etc.)
- Ability to work in team-based environments (working together with others)
Benefits As Good As Our Greens:
- Free benefits from Day 1 for employees (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Heavily subsidized benefits for your family from Day 1
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents (full-time employees)
- Competitive vacation and sick time off
- 401K & company stock options
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Mental Health Resources and Wellness Benefits, including Spring Health (personalized quality therapy and psychiatry for mental health needs), Headspace (unlimited access to guided meditation sessions, and Carrot (family forming support)
- Uniforms and PPE provided by Bowery
- Free leafy greens & more…
Our commitment to eliminating bias and ensuring pay equity goes beyond pay transparency. Click here
) to learn more about how compensation works at Bowery, how we came up with the salary on this job posting, and what we’re doing to ensure your compensation is internally and externally equitable.
The salary for this role will be $21.25/hour. If this role is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply no matter what so we can see your profile and background. You can trust us to make a leveling assessment based on your unique skills and experience and communicate that with you.
Bowery is an equal-opportunity employer - a place that celebrates unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures that will enrich the workplace. We are attempting to redefine what a sustainable agricultural supply chain can look like. We cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of people who want fresh, locally-grown food in regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience. We strongly encourage people from marginalized communities to apply to join our team.