Senior Data Platform Engineer
What You'll Do:
- You’ll build integrations between our data warehouse and data-sources such as enterprise SaaS and industrial machines to give the data team full visibility and ownership of the “source of truth”.
- You’ll transform the raw data produced by the farm into a comprehensive data warehouse as the authoritative source for all facts about the business.
- You’ll partner with our Data Scientists to model and transform the data in our data warehouse with an engineer’s eye towards scalability and maintainability.
- You’ll create internal frameworks, tools, packages, and technical documentation to improve efficiencies within Bowery
- You’ll build data products that support and can be utilized by multiple cross functional teams within Bowery including Agricultural Scientists, Roboticists, Operations Leaders.
- You’ll collaborate on the design of data tools and products used by our modern farmers, agricultural scientists, and other cross-functional teams to drive positive change.
- You’ll collaborate with our Software and Machine Learning engineers to continue to use the best available technology and patterns to keep the Data Platform evolving and effective.
- You’ll contribute to Bowery’s data-driven culture, and influence best practices.
- You won’t find yourself working with the Facebook Ads API, managing a Spark cluster, or allocating disk space in your HDFS.
Who You Are
- You have experience writing and maintaining production quality code
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated about warehouse data modeling and know how to keep this critical foundation healthy while it grows.
- You are fluent in SQL and Python, and likely enthusiastic about the leverage created by dbt and Snowflake.
- You are comfortable working in a highly technical team and educating others on contributing through version control, reviewing code, and managing processes in production.
- You’ve got a natural attention to detail and drive for order that yields accuracy and reliability in the data you work with.
- You have experience in and a passion for democratizing data to support clear stories and decision-making.
- You’re confident in taking ownership of projects from start to finish and enjoy the process of turning nebulous ideas into reality.
- You believe that teams succeed and fail together and take responsibility for ensuring the success and safety of your teammates.
Who We Are
- Bowery is a place where everyone is welcome, included and empowered to reach their full potential
- We live our shared values every day in both big and small ways: opt-in, think wildly different, break barriers together & be kind to the core
- We are a mission-driven team of unconventional thinkers, problem-solvers, optimists and activators
- We share a passion for giving back more to the planet than we take, growing deliciously abundant food without abundant harm
- We are excited to hear from you!