Software Engineer, Backend
What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: empathy, execution, humility, curiosity.
- Design, build, and maintain powerful services to enable Finch’s data presentation layer.
- Be a significant contributor to product expansion initiatives, including horizontal expansion of existing integrations to increase data coverage and depth as well as greenfield development in entirely new product verticals.
- Develop, test, and maintain integrations to meet security, scalability, and performance requirements to ensure that our services run reliably and efficiently at scale.
- Deploy code daily.
- Contribute to large product initiatives that may span across multiple teams.
- Understand roadmap priorities and write code focused on scalability, testability, and maintainability.
- Quickly debug issues throughout our stack using modern observability tooling and your solid foundation of engineering knowledge.
What You'll Bring
- 4+ years of relevant backend development experience in a start-up environment.
- Track record of executing and delivering on projects with high ambiguity.
- Detail-oriented approach to challenges and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exposure to high-growth start-ups.
- Knowledge of agile best practices and how to leverage them to release faster.
- Technical understanding of the software development process.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Experience working cross-functionality across multiple teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Experience working in a remote-friendly environment.
- Deep experience working with APIs and back end technologies.
- Strong system-design skills and experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis.
- Experience using Git in a professional environment.
- Familiar with various API authentication and authorization methods; particularly OAuth.
- Experience using a cloud provider. AWS is a bonus.
- Experience using a distributed messaging system.
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices. TDD is a bonus.