Hindi Content Lead (Contract, Part-Time)
What You'll Do
- Build a full library of Hindi-language content: You will work alongside the content team to build out a full version of Hallow in Hindi.
- Acquire, translate, and write prayers: This role requires the ability to research prayers and prayer traditions from around the world to ensure proper representation, accurately translate prayers from English to Hindi, and write original prayers in Hindi. A background in theology and writing are both essential.
- Work with Hindi-speaking guest contributors: You will reach out to a variety of speakers, authors, theologians, religious, etc. to gather guest content such as prayer sessions and Bible Stories. At times, you may need to attend live recordings (whether in person or online). You must be comfortable reaching out to new people and should enjoy working with a variety of folks.
- Be an integral part of the Content Team: As part of the Content Team, you’ll be asked to help out with various aspects of content, sometimes outside of Hindi, such as helping conduct QA (Quality Assurance) on sessions before they go on the app. Willingness to jump in and having a strong attention to detail is a must.
- Potentially record voice as Hindi Guide: Ideally, you would both write and record much of the content for the app. Please upload a sample reading below (in English and in Hindi).
- Work with the Growth and Product Teams: At times, you’ll work with the Growth team and provide input on ads, messaging, and emails. You’ll also work with the Product team as they build out the app in Hindi. Being part of a startup means working across a lot of different areas!
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives.
- Ownership: You’ll play the central role in creating an entirely Hindi Catholic prayer and meditation app. This will be a full-time role.
- Growth: You’ll be a part of the startup journey from the beginning. Over the next couple of years we plan to expand the company significantly and we’ll need your help to build the Hindi content team, as well as set the tone for how we will expand the app into other languages.
- Flexibility: Hallow HQ is in Chicago, but this role can also be based in India. We want our Content Lead to be close to the people we are reaching! However, this role will also require some early morning work in order to maximize overlap with the U.S. Central Time Zone.
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates both in terms of salary, bonus, and benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about the mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Experience: Native fluency in Hindi and fluency in English with experience translating between the two and, most importantly, a firm grasp on Catholic theology (university degree in theology preferred). Experience leading prayer and teaching about faith is a bonus.
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. As a start-up, our work hours are unpredictable and sometimes require extra hustle to get things done. You must be up for the challenge and willing to go the extra mile to make the content as great as possible.
Something looks off?