Hivemapper is a decentralized map built by people using their dashcam and smartphone. It represents a fundamental shift in how maps are built. Forward looking businesses use our Map API. Our broad customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance and real estate, etc.
Our work is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
The mobile team is responsible for the underpinnings of our mobile application, edge compute solutions, and integration with our embedded systems and sensors. We currently work with React Native, OpenGL, and low level native code for Android and iOS (networking, storage, GPGPU, etc.)
- Architecting, building, and training other teams on high performance mobile infrastructure
- Working closely with product other engineering teams to deliver data-intensive mobile solutions
- Turning commodity smartphones into power-efficient edge compute nodes
- Building auditable and observable systems that can robustly handle billions of video frames each day
- Helping to foster engineering excellence across mobile development
- Experience building high-quality Android and iOS apps
- Experience with build pipelines to compile software libraries to work on lots of phones (e.g., GPU-powered ffmpeg)
- Experience with sensors, sensor integrations, or IoT
- Experience or interest in using the following: Typescript, React-Native, Android, iOS, Java, Kotlin, Swift, C++, Objective-C, Python, SQLite, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience shipping and supporting code running at scale
- You are always interested in new challenges and are comfortable learning new technologies.
What we offer
- Medical, dental and vision benefits plus FSA
- Family leave
- 401(k) program
- Unlimited Flex PTO
- Commuter benefits
- Paid lunch
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Hivemapper, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.