RN Agency Administrator
Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
We are looking for a dedicated and amazing Registered Nurse & Agency Administrator to join our team. This individual will supervise and support our caregivers, manage the coordination, evaluation and planning of home care services, and serve as our agency director. Please note: this is an onsite / in-office position.
- Serve as the agency director and assume the authority and responsibility for administrative direction of the agency.
- Conduct client visits and assessments and coordinate with families / franchise to develop care plans, as needed.
- Assist care operations team in managing escalations / issues
- Participate in, and support, quarterly quality reviews
- Develop and administer both new hire training and on-going competency for care professionals to meet agency state compliance requirements
- Ensure agency policies and procedures and industry standards and regulations are followed including audit preparation and management
- Ensure the completion, maintenance and submission of reports and records as required
- Support the new hire on-boarding process, including keeping up to date job descriptions, conducting local new hire orientations and ensuring all necessary paperwork is diligently tracked and completed.
- Conduct in-home observation visits for care professionals and manage the annual performance evaluation process
- Coordinate staffing and scheduling activities with the care operations team.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's Degree; three (3) years nursing experience, with at least one (1) year acute care setting preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year home health experience with a thorough understanding of State, Federal and Home Health Agency Regulatory Standards preferred.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client and family care.
- Knowledge of the local market and how we can best bring on and retain the best caregivers in the region.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms
- Has experience using Google suite of tools (Sheets, Doc, Slides, email, and Calendar)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate proven decision making skills
- Able to facilitate training sessions and administer competency evaluations
- Able to monitor and assess employees, clients and effectiveness of service
- Able to identify problems and determine effective solutions
- Is comfortable with technology and has the ability to learn new tools and systems.
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Honor is an E-Verify company. For more information please review our Participation and your Right to Work