Senior Software Engineer
Are you interested in championing a product that makes work better? The science is clear: happier employees are more productive and stay at companies longer—everyone wins!
Who we are
We're a team on a mission to make work better for everyone, everywhere. We empower people to thrive at work, without creating more work for them.
Humu is an HR technology platform that makes it easy for organizations and their people to improve, every single week. Science shows that the fastest path to improvement is via personalized coaching in the flow of work. That’s exactly what Humu does. Humu nudges managers and their teams to build better habits that will lead to their success. Unlike most tools, Humu combines Nobel-prize winning science and technology to pinpoint which behaviors and people skills leaders, managers, and employees need to be effective. Humu helps customers drive outcomes like improving managers, increasing agility, building more inclusive cultures and boosting team performance.
Humu was founded in 2017; in 2021 we raised a $60M Series C round and we’re excited to grow our ~100-person company. We started with an office in Mountain View, CA; we still have that office, but we’ve since hired many employees across the US and plan to continue supporting a remote-first culture..
We’re looking for passionate collaborators who are excited about building a product that empowers people to improve themselves, and the teams around them.
What you’ll get to work on
Here’s an assortment of some recent projects, to give you a taste of what we work on these days:
- Data analytics tools that let organization leaders support inclusion and quickly pinpoint what matters most for their teams
- Letting a team pick which skills they most want to develop together
- Internationalization infrastructure to make sure people across the globe can all benefit from the Humu product
- Migrating between backends for our privacy-aware database layer, without breaking all of the application code that sits on top (we don’t have a blog post about this one)
Where you fit in
We are committed to changing the working world for the better by bringing greater meaning and happiness into everyone's working lives, everywhere. We are passionate about our mission and excited to grow our school of fish with people who want to do the same - and people who will bring in their different perspectives to help us continue to shape our team and product. If this is you, we encourage you to swim into our candidate pool!
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of Humu’s Product team, you will “ship” (figuratively & literally) quality product iterations to end-users
- Collaborate with People Science and other Humu teams to translate research-backed science to products that drive behavior change within organizations
- Lead, shape, and build new features and functionality
- 4–99 years of experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend and backend
- Driven engineer that is motivated to build a great product and great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make thoughtful decisions while building data-driven products
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences to serve employees
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Understanding of frontend technologies and tooling––we use React (and TypeScript, HTML, CSS) for most of our UIs
- Understanding of backend technologies and tooling––we use Python, Flask, and Google Cloud Platform
Salary range: $150,000 - $210,000
Only open to candidates in Seattle, WA or SF Bay Area, CA
Something looks off?