At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
What You'll Do:
- Transaction processing: You’ll assist with transaction review, categorization, and various other tasks associated to completing and reviewing transactions.
- On the Frontlines - As one of the outward-facing voices of Level, you’ll use phone, messaging and email to address and resolve member and provider inquiries.
- Communication - You’ll work and collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify issues and advocate for Level members and providers.
- Constant Improvement - You’ll continuously develop and refine processes and resources to keep our support and operations top-notch. You’ll address issues with intellect, grit, and empathy. And beyond the support team, you’ll tackle projects with members of other Level teams as we roll out new plans and products.
Who You Are:
- Quick Learner - You have a history of quickly learning and applying new information. You enjoy reading, studying, understanding, and writing about topics you’ve never before considered.
- Clear Communicator - You excel at explaining processes and products. You have deep experience engaging with customers, love solving complicated problems and are a solution-forward thinker. Clean, precise verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Able to Handle Sensitive Information - Experience working confidential information and/or patient data. Experience with HIPAA, PHI/PII a plus.
- Takes Initiative - You’re a self-starter who thrives in an ambiguous environment. Taking ownership over new projects comes naturally to you, and you’re not afraid to challenge the established way of doing things in order to create better outcomes. You feel comfortable self assessing your performance and collaboration with Leadership to develop your skillset.
- Problem Solving - You love to dig into details and discover solutions to complex problems. You’re a great multitasker, and you know how to manage your own time and see projects through to the end.
- Flexible - You’re comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, and you’re ready to jump in where you’re needed. Operations work, phone, messaging, and email.
- Available - You’re available to work during our operating hours and are flexible when it comes to business needs. Our team currently operates between the hours of 9 am - 9 pm ET.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in an operational focused role.
- You have 1-2 years of support or customer-facing experience.
- Previous startup experience a plus.
- Tools - Experience using internal knowledge bases to find answers to complex questions requiring critical thinking, leveraging help from peers, and following policies to guide autonomous decision making. You have used tools like Slack, Gsheets, and a customer service CRM like Zendesk/Salesforce to answer tickets related to customer inquiries.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- For those not in the NYC area, we offer up to $500 monthly for renting a co-working or office space
- 100% employer paid medical
- 100% employer paid dental through Level with a $2,500 benefit allowance
- 100% employer paid vision through Level with an $600 benefit allowance with up to an additional $1,000 for medically necessary contact lens
- Generous additional fringe benefits offered through Level’s platform:
- $25 monthly through our R&D funds to help stress-test new products and features
- $150 monthly through our Wellbeing lifestyle spending account
- $500 in New Hire Office Funds available in your first 90 days to assist with getting your remote workspace set up
- $1,000 annually through Level’s Mental Health EAP
- $3,000 annually in Education benefits (made available upon your 1 year anniversary) that can be used to continue professional education or be applied towards student loan payments
- $4,000 lifetime balance through our Medical Travel EAP
- $5,000 lifetime balance through our Gender Affirmation Fund
- 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, life insurance and pet insurance
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 16 weeks
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This role is non-exempt, paid at an hourly rate and overtime eligible. This position has an hourly rate of $22/hour. The hourly rate may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive hourly rate, this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: