We’re looking for someone who we can count on to…
- Own: Our team’s delivery of beautiful, performant product experiences.
- Teach: Best practices in componentization, performance, and frontend development.
- Learn: Ins and outs of building an agrifinance and climate tech company, including the nitty gritty of agricultural bookkeeping, the larger farm finance ecosystem, and natural resource management / ESG tie-ins. Android and iOS development with React Native.
- Improve: Existing component APIs, layers of abstraction, and development velocity.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Learn how to use Ambrook’s tech stack to deliver a standalone feature to our customers.
- Work collaboratively with our Design team to make improvements to our cross-platform design system.
- Analyze Ambrook’s use of best practices and share a technical note with our team about where we have opportunities to improve.
- Familiarize yourself with Ambrook’s product and our research notes and recording repository from user onboarding calls and customer discovery interviews.
- Embed yourself deeply in understanding the state of farm finance, building a strong intuition about customer needs and audience segmentation.
- Contribute to Engineering team meetings and review code from peers.
- Participate in meetings with producers.
Within 3 months you'll...
- Collaborate with Product team to influence prioritization of feature ideas and requests with insights from our audience.
- Plan and execute improvements to our design system.
- Collaborate with other engineers as the frontend owner for a large, full-stack feature built into our core bookkeeping product.
- Own and deliver updates to our core bookkeeping product, Ambrook Research, and the Ambrook marketing website.
- Create guidelines for design component development that balances the needs of our Design team, GTM team, and the rest of the engineering team.
Within 6 months you'll...
- Collaborate to design and execute improvements to our frontend stack, building new processes and onboarding our team to them.
- Champion a culture of frontend engineering excellence, connecting its value to the needs of our community and the broader team.
- Get involved in hiring and growing the team by evaluating / interviewing candidates.
- Significant experience delivering high quality, performant, web applications to production environments (likely from 4+ years of work experience).
- Advanced engineering and coding skills. Fluency with data structures and asynchronous programming.
- Excited to build software that makes natural resource industries like agriculture more sustainable and profitable.
- Comfortable taking on ambiguous problems and creating elegant technical solutions.
- Bonus: Experience in agriculture.
- Bonus: Experience building financial products.
- Bonus: Experience with Typescript, React, React Native, and/or Next.js.
Our Tech Stack
- Next.js / React application written in Typescript
- Available on web, Android, and iOS via React Native
- Hosted on Google Cloud
- Firestore & Google Cloud Storage for data storage
- BigQuery & Data Studio for data insights
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Flexible vacation time
- Flexible work hours
- Work-from-home/remote office stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Reach Understanding – We are driven by curiosity and empathy to learn about our customers, team, and world.
- Real Talk – We create space for ourselves and others to be straightforward, vulnerable, and accountable.
- Be Proactively Resourceful – We are internally motivated and externally empowered to identify opportunities and solve problems.
- Derisk Thoughtfully – We lean into the biggest risks we face as a company and put in the work to address them systematically.
- Find the Positive-Sum – We believe in creating incentive structures that align the needs of our company, our customers, and our planet.