Data Platform Tech Lead
At Arthur, we are deeply passionate about building technology to make AI understandable, effective, and fair. Arthur makes machine learning work for enterprises through performance monitoring, explainability, and bias detection. We’re built by AI experts and backed by world-class, diverse investors.
This position is a rare (and fun!) opportunity to help shape the future of AI and its real-world impact. We are an equal opportunity employer and believe strongly in front-end ethics: building a company and industry where strong performance and a positive human impact are inextricably linked.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Platform and Integrations Tech Lead to design, build, and evolve our hybrid-SaaS data plane. The ideal candidate will be a strong hands-on coder and has foundational skills in large scale data storage systems as well as data extraction and transformation pipelines.
What you'll do
- Implement scalable data transformations that can integrate with common big data storage systems
- Design and implement platform abstractions to integrate with data warehouse systems such as S3, AWS LakeFormation, and Databricks, as well as common data formats such as CSV, Parquet, JSON, and more
- Work with the infrastructure team to deploy and manage the data platform across multiple cloud accounts using cloud native compute services
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to understand and implement secure and compliant data management practices to protect valuable customer data
- Exhibit continuous curiosity in understanding emerging cloud paradigms that improve our ability to deliver and integrate with customer’s data environments
What we're looking for
- 6+ years data platform or data integration engineering experience, with an emphasis on building applications in the major cloud providers
- Expertise in Python and data processing frameworks such as Spark, Flink, Pandas, or Airflow
- Experience building data pipelines with data engineering best practices in ETL, continuous data processing, exactly-once guarantees, and batch or stream processing paradigms
- Experience working with large volumes of data in warehouses such as S3, AWS LakeFormation, Databricks, Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, ADLFS, etc.
- Familiarity with REST APIs and building REST based applications
- Proficiency with at least one major cloud provider, preferably AWS
- Experience developing for information security best practices in an enterprise environment, including encryption, network configuration, access control, and audit logging
- Computer Science or other technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
You might also have (nice to have)
- Experience deploying microservices using Docker, Kubernetes or similar frameworks
- Experience contributing to open-source software, building SDKs, or CLIs
- Familiarity with machine learning & AI
- Experience with hybrid-SaaS cloud architectures, including multi-account or single tenant SaaS
What to expect at Arthur
- Teammates who value curiosity, hard work, collaboration, and creative problem-solving -- and good swag
- A team of professionals who are passionate about our work and making a positive impact through AI
- A caring culture; we value and prioritize our team’s physical and mental health, encouraging and celebrating life outside of work
- Autonomy to pursue your role and interests with room to grow, with a team behind you that always has your back
- Joy, humor, and a little dose of healthy competition (in our business, we win as a team; on company game night, may the best Arthurian win…)
- Competitive compensation plus medical, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K
- Our target base salary range for this role is $175,000 - 220,000+, based on your experience and how your skills align with role requirements
- Equity in what we’re building together, backed by some of the most respected VCs in the industry
- A flexible learning and development budget: we’ll cover a masters in computer science, or support ways to learn and grow in the areas that matter to you
- Highly discounted fitness and wellness benefits
- Flexible PTO with vacation minimums, which we really want you to take and enjoy
- The ability to work in a highly flexible hybrid environment (from your home and in our office) with our team in NYC
Arthur is an equal-opportunity employer; we believe strongly in front-end ethics: building a company and industry where strong performance and a positive human impact are inextricably linked. This reflects in our desire and commitment to build teams that comprise different backgrounds and experiences. Arthur provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.