Director, Product - Data Platform
What you will be doing:
- Lead the Data platform as a service vision, strategy, roadmap working with Data Science and Engineering Heads, and System Architect
- Lead a small team of Technical Product Managers to define and implement the multi-tiered platform architecture requirements for configurability, tooling, scalability, availability, supportability, versioning, longitudinal data management including A-B testing, for various biological and chemical assay applications
- Define and implement requirements for the platform data and business logic/IP layers including ingest, data engine, longitudinal diarization and visualization, querying, clustering etc. in collaboration with Engineering, and Data science.
- Partner with the Head of Engineering, Data science and Architect to develop vision and strategy for end-to-end capabilities such as data pipelines, machine learning model orchestration, data stores, microservices, and APIs.
- Own requirements for language, security, and GDPR and government and enterprise customer needs
- Build and execute API strategy and roadmap, requirements for platform access as Part of DPAS strategy working with Heads of Engineering and Data Science
- Maintain product documentation for internal and external stakeholders.
- Director works with Head of Product, DS, Eng and Strategy on GTM and monetization of DPAS
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, MIS, math or a technical field from a reputed institution is required.
- 8+ years of product management, consulting, and/or solutions engineering experience, in data management products and platforms, with experience in leading product roadmap and requirements to implement data platforms, Master data management, and API-based products in a technical product leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the end-to-end data life cycle requirements, and knowledge of data quality, data conversion tools, best practices, and tools/technologies
- Experience with product requirements and roadmap to building data pipelines and extracting, transforming, and loading data
- Experience with AWS, GCP and other cloud-based services
- Experience working with data warehouse/cloud solutions solutions like Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, or similar
- Comfortable working at low levels of detail, examining data and trends
What will help you succeed:
- Industry experience in Life Sciences, Biotech, Public health or Healthcare is highly desired.
- Master’s degree in a technical field and an MBA is highly desirable.
Key Qualities for success:
- Problem Solving: Quickly and effectively synthesizes and solves complex, interdependent problems, understanding the end-to-end business implications of decisions. Leverages insight to drive clarity throughout the org and bring along others (incl. senior execs and large groups of stakeholders) along in the process. Can articulate decisions, highlight risks and operate with a strong, balanced view of decisions.
- Adaptability: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change
- Effectively navigates ambiguity in decision making
- Facilitation and consensus building skills, to assist in resolving the different points of view and requirements during cross-team and cross-organization efforts
- Technical Judgment: Technical leader and expert who can effectively guide and counsel their team and other senior leaders to make the right effort vs. impact tradeoff decisions. When called upon, can complete the initial technical scoping with Engineering leads (enough to inform t-shirt size execution options) for the most complex projects.
- Ability to assess the impact of data architecture changes on the business, application relationships, information flow and hardware configurations
- Leadership: Inspires trust and confidence with executives, our cross-functional peers and our team. Builds a winning team, from culture and people, to processes and project execution. Projects influence across the company to empower and enable the team to deliver the right results in the right way.
- Communication and listening: Succinctly and effectively delivers the point, with the right tone and content for the audience and the moment, incl. CEO and exec-level audience. Communicates simply, clearly and powerfully. Attentive listener who seeks to understand others and actively seeks to incorporate new information.
- Ownership and Accountability: Takes full accountability for and drives results for the roadmap delivery x-functionally. Works across the organization top-to-bottom to get projects prioritized and efforts mobilized to ensure the necessary outcomes. Drives a mindset of accountability and ownership within their team, incl. establishing and holding stakeholders to an operating cadence.
- Innovative Mindset: Develops strategies to bring new technologies, applications and process changes to life. Challenges the organization in innovating and designing new solutions, methods and products to remain competitive and lead the industry. Creates an environment that champions innovation by encouraging their team and others to openly share and build on each other's new ideas, products and solutions.
- High Standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
- Sees and evangelizes the big picture, but is disciplined in rationalizing our ambitious goals with realities of prioritization and day-to-day execution. Ensures their team executes seamlessly across Biobot and outside the company. Drives top to bottom alignment on roadmap and company-level priorities (when needed). Spearheads resolution of escalated blockers for the team.
- Customer Obsession: Has a high degree of customer empathy and drive to understand customers; uses insight to guide product priorities and solution definition.
- Product and business judgment: Contextualizes product decisions across company, industry and all stakeholders. Holds a balanced perspective with an appreciation for risks, rewards and execution. Effectively navigates ambiguity in decision making.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- 10% travel may be required periodically for meetings or customer visits
Something looks off?