Principal UX Designer & Researcher
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct user research and usability testing to validate design concepts and improve overall user experience.
- Refine and translate concepts into prototypes, bringing innovative ideas to life. Design product concepts that strike a balance between vision, craftsmanship, speed, and business potential.
- Take ownership of projects, working end-to-end with engineers to guide your vision to fruition.
- Expand and leverage our existing design system components while developing new ones to support scalability.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to shape product features, prioritize tasks, and strategize roadmaps.
- Implement Interaction Design, IA design and Visual design aspects of UX for Biobot applications (includes Software, Hardware, Kits, touch-points etc.) working with cross functional stakeholders.
- Partner with marketing to enhance the experience on Biobot’s lead generation & thought-leadership products.
- Deliver a seamless self-service experience, including visualizations and interpretation of results. This includes designing insights and data exploration tools for the users to ensure that Biobot’s experience is sticky, frictionless and enables decision support.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements (What you need to succeed):
- A Bachelors’ degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), and a minimum of 5-7+ years of professional experience focusing on user experience design across mainly web-based products
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates compelling interactive design work, showcasing a perspective on the creative process and aesthetic.
- At least 3 years of industry UX experience, in research and design of analytics-based products.
- Proficiencies in one or more of the following design software applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, or Principle
- Leads without the need for formal hierarchy, rallies team to move forward
- Be willing to embrace the startup mentality and comfortable in an ambiguous work environment
- Experience leveraging and coordinating multiple design functions simultaneously (Research, UX, UI, IA, etc.)
- Ability to define and solve complex partners across business functions
- Experience incorporating experience design considerations into existing organizational product development processes (facilitating design critiques with team and partners, owning an experience backlog via Jira, measuring experience design outcomes/key performance indicators.)
- Experience leveraging and contributing to an enterprise design language system
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for recognizing and implementing exceptional UX practices
- Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Familiarity with APIs and/or front-end coding languages (CSS, React.js etc)
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- ~5-10% travel may be required periodically for meetings or customer visits