Full-Stack Software Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (What you will be doing):
- Design and build API integrations with internal and third-party software services such as LIMS and CRM tools
- Develop applications with React.js and have a deep understanding of its core principles such as components, life cycle methods, and the virtual DOM
- Produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code.
- Work with front and back-end developers, data engineers, QA testers and UX/UI designers to ideate through technical solutions and pixel perfect implementation.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Applicants must be experienced with:
- React component libraries like antd, material-UI, or similar.
- Front-end visualization libraries like D3, Visx, or Plotly.js skills
- Asynchronous web communication patterns (message queues, pub-sub)
- Maintaining relational databases like PostgreSQL in production.
- Using version control systems such as git and GitLab.
Education and/or Work Experience Bonuses (What will help you succeed):
- Familiarity with major cloud platforms- AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Containerization and Docker experience.
- Experience with serverless solutions like AWS Lambda and AWS SAM.
- Exposure to caching systems like Redis.
- Previous experience working with scientific or other third-party software (LIMS, ERP, MES)
- Familiarity with prototyping UI features and thinking through API architectures to aid customers in understanding their data in the context of other public health data sources.
- Interest in working on a science-focused public health product.
- The desire to be part of an early stage start-up, and comfort with stepping out of traditional role boundaries and managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements and Special Demands:
- Required standing or sitting for several hours straight at a time.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone and video conferencing for several hours each day.