Loads & Dynamics Engineer - Lead
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
We are seeking a Lead Loads & Dynamics Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the L&D team through early design cycles to develop the external loads and flutter analysis and certify the industry’s leading supersonic aircraft Overture.
- Develop certification plan, means of compliance, and interpret issue papers related to loads and flutter.
- Collaborate across key disciplines (mass properties, flight controls, propulsion, flight sciences, structures, etc) to develop data needed for the aircraft loads in support of multiple load cycles.
- Guide team efforts on the development and maturation of static loads, dynamic flight loads (gust), dynamic ground loads (landing), and flutter analysis procedures to support downstream design and certification efforts.
- Ability to apply knowledge of aeroelasticity principles to develop aircraft conceptual design guidance.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering with 15 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and aerospace experience
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant aircraft product development role
- Experience with certifying a Part 23/25 commercial aircraft. Knowledge of Part 23/25 sections relevant to loads and flutter, including AC 25.629. Experience coordinating with the FAA.
- Knowledge in planning for multiple load cycle development
- Experience leading an analysis team of loads, dynamics, and flutter engineers
- Knowledge of industry standard procedures for static/ dynamic loads, and flutter
- Experience with fly-by-wire aircraft and aeroservoelastic implications
It would be great if you had:
- Supersonic delta wing experience
- Nastran/Zaero experience
- Experience with Ground Vibration Testing (GVT)/ Structural Coupling Testing (SCT)
The Base Salary Range for this position is $153,000 - $207,000. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Something looks off?