About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
The Avionics Engineer will define, develop, verify, and conduct certification activities of the Avionics System for the Overture Supersonic Aircraft Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines safety critical architectures using IMA resources including common computing, ARINC664 networks and remote data concentrators.
- Supports avionics system requirements development and coordinates supplier activities
- Responsible for developing avionics system through requirements development, design, and verification activities including qualification and systems level testing
- Collaborates with cross functional team(s) to develop and validate avionics interface requirements for electrical systems, mechanical systems, EWIS, and structures
- Collaborates with cross functional team(s) to develop and validate requirements for hosting aircraft systems
- Define and show compliance for responsible systems to 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
- Work with Pilots and Human Factors engineers on design & layout of the Flight Deck avionics
- Technical oversight of junior engineers
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science or physics with 2 or more years of experience
- 2+ yrs design, test, and analysis experience with avionics hardware and software development
- Experience with sensors and transducers interfacing or experience with analog interface circuits
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem solving leadership skills; capable of solving hard, complex, ambiguous technical problems and capable of helping others do the same
- Designed and participated in systems and equipment level testing
- Experience supporting supplier relationships
- Experience following system certification plans
- Understanding and experience with RTCA DO-160G, RTCA DO178C, RTCA DO-254, and SAE ARP4754A
- Experience with applicable avionics and electrical system 14CFR Part 25 regulatory certification requirements
- Experience working with ARP4761 safety process and development of functional architectures compliant with the process
- Experience with ARINC664, ARINC429 and ARINC 825
- Experience working with functional system engineers in a range of areas including but not limited to; landing gear, fuel systems, environmental control, fire detection and suppression, hydraulics
- Experience with requirements management tools. (particularly ENOVIA 3DX, Jama, DOORS)
The Base Salary Range for this position is $76,000 - $104,500. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Something looks off?