EWIS Installation Design Engineer - Technical Specialist 1
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is transforming air travel with Overture, the world’s fastest airliner — optimized for speed, safety, and sustainability. Serving both civil and government markets, Overture will fly at twice the speed of today’s airliners and is designed to run on 100% sustainable aviation fuel (SAF). Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
Boom is seeking an experienced EWIS Design Engineer to join the Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS) team supporting the Boom Overture Supersonic aircraft program. This role requires a strong individual contributor in the development of the electrical wire harness routing architecture of the Overture aircraft in collaboration with other systems design engineers, as well as provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Collaborates with cross functional team(s) to develop EWIS routing architecture, ensuring physical and hazard requirements are addressed.
- Establish EWIS product structure within the PLM/Design tool(s).
- Provides practical Catia process and tools instruction to other members of the team.
- Develops technical solutions to complex technical problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Collaborates with and takes guidance from more experienced EWIS engineers in determining technical approaches to assignment.
- Recommends incremental improvements to engineering approaches and processes used by the team.
Required Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree in engineering, mathematics, or physics with 5 or more years of experience in aerospace or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace with 5+ yrs of harness routing experience in 3D CAD tools
- Experience with harness routing in CatiaV5 or newer versions
- Strong communication skills. Effectively communicating unique EWIS requirements to other engineering disciplines is crucial.
- Working knowledge and experience with 14 CFR Part 25 certification requirements
- Understanding of wring harness physical and EMC separation requirements and hazard mitigation techniques.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in transport category aircraft development programs
- Experience designing secondary support structures
- Understanding of electrical grounding and bonding techniques
- Experience with Dassault Systemes 3DExperience tool set.
- Experience with composite or hybrid (metal & composite) aircraft.
The Base Salary Range for this position is $96,000 - $132,000 per year. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, a flexible PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.