Behavioral Health Care Manager (LCSW)
What We Offer
- Your input and contributions are valued and recognized
- Excellent clinical, administrative and management support
- Forward-thinking, tight-knit transparent, collaborative and inclusive company culture
- The opportunity to grow and scale with a dynamic startup who is changing the way people think about healthcare
- Competitive pay, advancement opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for full-time employees
What You'll Do
- Carbon Health is looking for an independently licensed social worker who values structure throughout the process of mental health treatment. We are seeking a provider who understands the importance of having clearly defined goals and start/end points to treatment. As a provider with Carbon Health, you will be expected to:
- Virtually treat patients suffering with mental health concerns including anxiety, depression, insomnia, PTSD, etc using the Collaborative Care model. Closely coordinate care with the patient’s medical provider and, when appropriate, other mental health providers.
- Support psychotropic medication management as prescribed by medical providers, focusing on treatment adherence monitoring, side effects, and effectiveness of treatment.
- Provide brief behavioral interventions using evidence-based techniques such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavioral activation, problem-solving treatment, motivational interviewing, or other treatments as appropriate.
- Provide patient education about common mental health and substance abuse disorders and the available treatment options. Provide brief, evidence-based interventions for individuals within primary care.
- Systematically track treatment response and monitor patients for changes in clinical symptoms and treatment side effects or complications.
- Document patient progress and treatment recommendations in EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers, psychiatric consultant, and other treating providers.
- Provide consultation for primary care medical providers as needed.
- Complete comprehensive psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitate referrals for clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing assistance, vocational rehabilitation, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment).
- Participate in regularly scheduled caseload consultation with the psychiatric consultant, present clinical information effectively and efficiently. Communicate resulting treatment recommendations to the patient’s medical provider and patient.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the medical provider and the psychiatric consultant and who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care.
- Clinical supervision for unlicensed social workers.
- Carbon Health is looking for a provider who values brief and structured approaches to therapy. We are seeking a clinician who is committed to collecting data, monitoring outcomes, and delivering results. You should be highly organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful. This role will be a great fit for you if you are a doer, who is passionate about making a difference, comfortable with ambiguity, and are naturally collaborative.
- Experience or training working in a Collaborative Care (CoCM, BHI) model is a plus.
- Have direct clinical experience providing individual therapy as well as skills in assessment and differential diagnosis.
- Have experience with integrated health care systems.
- Committed to evidence-based practices and data-driven treatment.
- Understand HIPAA requirements for mental health records and maintain appropriate documentation in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
- Ability to make independent decisions in compliance with policies and procedures while working within a collaborative framework.
- Ability to work non-standard hours.
- Proficient computer and technology skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; including expertise with presentation skills.
Training and Licensure Requirements
- Maintains current and unrestricted license to practice independently as a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) in one or more of the following states: CALIFORNIA
- Ability and willingness to obtain independent licensure in additional states.