Product Manager, Growth
Coda started with an observation: In a world full of applications, why do documents and spreadsheets still run everything? And why haven't they been meaningfully updated in over 50 years? Coda is a new doc that's familiar and flexible like the documents you're used to, but comes with building blocks you can combine to create docs as powerful as apps. It's a big product with an even bigger mission. And we need your help to spread the word! We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists, and have assembled a world-class team across offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Seattle, and remote employees all over the US. In fact, all our jobs are open in any location across the US. Here's a quick overview of what we do.
About the Role
Coda is looking for a Growth Product Manager to focus increasing awareness of Coda, our user base, their usage of the product, and their retention. You will work on features from SEO/SEM systems for lead generation, Machine Learning for Ads targeting, incentives for users to upgrade to our paid plans, new user experience and retention. You'll be enthusiastically metrics focused while driving creative product changes to improve our platform.
At Coda, our Product Managers have a diverse role. That means working with our Engineers, Designers, and our Go-to-Market teams to understand our customers' needs and build a simple yet powerful product. Joining our small PM team early means your fingerprints will be all over the foundation of the product and it's growth. You will report into one of our three PM leads.
In this role you will:
- Help set product strategy and lead teams across multiple functions to provide for our customers
- Work with Data Science and Marketing to understand what's working and not, and why
- Work with Design and Engineering counterparts to learn with customers and ship improvements
- Examine the details of our growth looks, and find opportunities to create metrics. Validate through high velocity experimentation and refinement
- Be a thoughtful team leader and help make your teammates better
- Help direct and conduct customer research and distill analyses to aid product strategy
- Be the voice of the customer or promote others voicing customer needs in product discussions
You may be a great fit for this role if:
- Have experience driving product improvements by using all types of learning: user testing, data analysis, A/B testing
- Have experience delivering step changes in metrics through incremental and step change product changes
- Enjoy expressing multiple points of view and facilitating decisions
- Balance design and technical tradeoffs and find creative ways of solving customer needs
- Have experience showcasing an "eye for design" ー building beautiful, simple user experiences in collaboration with designers
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, a desire to listen and understand customers
- Care about teammates and uplift and improve the team and the team's culture
- Have 6+ years of experience
How we care for our Codans!
Starting on your first day of employment, Coda offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Optional Remote or in-office work
- Commuter Benefits
- Cell & Internet Subsidy
- Lunch Subsidy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Parental Leave
- Annual Educational Stipend
At Coda, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Coda believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.