Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
How You'll Contribute:
- Design and build novel products and features to address long-standing problems in healthcare, with a focus on producing amazing experiences that are more than the sum of their parts
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, and our scientific teams to build cutting-edge experiences and services
- Improve the quality, reliability, and speed of our core products and services
- Propose and implement changes to our data models, core architecture, and codebase
- Develop all levels of the technical stack even if you’re more experienced in some layers
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A passion for using software and technology to help save lives, and reduce the risk of populations to a multitude of diseases. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer (or equivalent role).
- Experience building and launching numerous features, products or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to incorporate user feedback.
- A commitment to quality of code; you will work hard to eliminate unnecessary duplication or awkward workarounds. You're passionate about rigorous engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Effective communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions using code reviews, docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- Experience defining product roadmaps in close collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers and other stakeholders.
- Experience with modern web stacks.
- Comfort working across the stack as a full-stack engineer.
Nice to Have:
- You’re productive in one or several items from our technology stack including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
- You have acted as a technical lead for teams or projects of 1-3 engineers.
Possible Projects to Contribute to:
- The All Of Us research program, an ambitious partnership with the NIH to deliver genetic testing results to at least a million people living in the United States to accelerate research that may improve everyone’s health
- Genetic testing, from sequencing results through end-user reports, for both clinical use and research partners
- Color’s lab information management system (LIMS), tracking a sample throughout the laboratory testing process
- Our end-to-end test results platform, enabling lab test results to be normalized for physician and patient consumption
- Our logistics and fulfillment platform, ensuring medical and genetic tests are ordered and delivered to patients in a timely manner
- Color’s telehealth platform, enabling on-demand video and phone visits with clinicians to drastically improve access to care
At Color we use the following technologies:
- Software: Python, Django, some Flask, Celery, React, some Angular (which we are getting rid of), a tiny bit of Node.js, and some Go (which we are getting rid of)
- Tasks: Celery
- Data: RDS Aurora
- Build and CI: GitHub, ArgoCD, Pants, CircleCI, a legacy system we are trying to kill
- Observability: Datadog, Honeycomb
- Cloud: AWS
- Platform: Kubernetes, Traefik
What We Offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📈 401k match
- 📱 Monthly phone and wifi stipend for employees
- ⌨️ One-time ergonomic stipend for your remote work set up
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays and company-wide recharge days
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
Something looks off?