Principal Software Engineer, Fullstack
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A passion for using software and technology to help save lives, and reduce the risk of populations to a multitude of diseases. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- 10+ years of industry experience as a software engineer.
- A track record of making high-quality technical contributions.
- A thorough understanding of software architectures and modern web stacks and experience driving technical strategy and execution across a large engineering team.
- Experience acting as a role model and mentor to other engineers, and collaborating with senior IC leaders and managers to nurture the career growth of a world-class team.
- Effective communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences within and outside the organization.
- A commitment to quality: you work hard to eliminate unnecessary code duplication or awkward workarounds, and evangelize rigorous engineering practices and discipline with code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- You’re productive in several items from our technology stack including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience building healthcare technology, products or services.
Possible Projects to Contribute to:
- Architect and lead the technical implementation of new health programs. Past programs include: The All Of Us research program, an ambitious partnership with the NIH to deliver genetic testing results to at least a million people living in the United States to accelerate research that may improve everyone’s health; HIV and STI infrastructure and services for the public sector; Essential Care, a preventive health program for employers.
- Develop new platform capabilities that span our telehealth, testing and core platforms.
- Refactor long-standing data models to develop simpler abstractions that further accelerate development work.
What We Offer:
- 💰 Competitive salary
- ✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- 📈 401k match
- 📱 Monthly phone and wifi stipend for employees
- ⌨️ One-time ergonomic stipend for your remote work set up
- 🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays and company-wide recharge days
- 🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- 🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family