Senior Embedded Software Engineer
What You'll Own:
- Development, verification, and deployment of Elroy Air’s flight software stack on embedded target hardware
- Emulation of flight-critical sensors, actuators, and other peripheral devices
- Software support and participation in flight tests to prototype and validate our system’s functionality
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in object-oriented design, C/C++
- Experience with complex multi-threaded embedded systems
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying safety-critical software for real time systems, ideally on large-scale aerial platforms
- Experience with communication protocols such as Ethernet, RS232, RS422, RS485, CAN, I2C, SPI, JTAG
- Proficiency in reading datasheets, schematic review, and hardware-bring up
- Experience emulating complex safety-critical components
- Proficiency with Linux and Python
- Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers, voltmeters, etc.
- Experience with requirements based software design and implementation
Bonus Points For:
- Experience deploying flight controls, autonomy, sensor fusion, and navigation algorithms on resource-constrained embedded targets
- Familiarity with Simulink and autocode integration
- Familiarity with FMEA, FHA, and other fault modes analysis processes
- Familiarity with aviation software certification standards & processes (e.g. DO-178C)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Comprehensive insurance options for medical/dental/vision/long term disability/life + optional plans for commuter accounts, pet insurance, legal help, and more!
- Retirement planning: 401(k) with company contribution
- 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Highly flexible vacation policy- that we actually want you to use!
- Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support
- Developing Employee Resource Groups (Affinity Groups) for underrepresented groups
- You’ll work with a kind, diverse, and highly skilled team
- You'll help define a new category of aerospace / logistics / robotics, and you'll work on systems that have never been built before
- As an early member of a fast growing team, you'll help shape and define our company culture and values
- Flexible work arrangements (we understand you have a personal life)
Something looks off?