Embedded Software Engineer, Simulation
What you’ll do:
- Design, build, bring up, and maintain infrastructure needed for hardware, software, and system integration development and validation
- Work with multi-functional teams on test bench needs and use cases to craft scalable bench architectures and schematics, and improve utilization and efficiency
- Develop platform infrastructure to enable monitoring, visualization, and reporting
- Develop in-house tools to improve efficiency of test bench design
- Evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability
- Capture and analyze system performance data for failure analysis and performance improvements
- Work closely with flight software and flight controls engineers to improve HIL system’s accessibility, stability, reliability, and scalability
- Develop, implement, and execute automated test fixtures and infrastructure to verify the functionality and robustness of released software
Our ideal candidate:
- 7+ years of work experience in mechanical, aerospace, electro-mechanical, automotive, robotics, or related industries
- Experience with designing HIL test systems
- Knowledge of object oriented design, C/C++, and Python programming
- Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Comfortable with tools for PCB design such as Altium
- Understanding of network protocols, eg. CAN, UART, Ethernet, etc.
- Expertise with lab equipment including high speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Experience with embedded real-time operating systems (bring-up, toolchain setup, driver configuration, abstraction layers, task scheduling, etc.)
- Experience translating system & subsystem requirements into test cases and test plans
Bonus points for:
- Experience in designing, developing, and deploying safety-critical software for real time systems, ideally on large-scale aerial platforms
- Experience with systems comprising a diverse set of hardware interfaces, communications buses, peripheral devices, and sensors
- Familiarity with aviation software certification standards & processes (e.g. DO-178)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline configuration and deployment
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay + equity package
- Comprehensive insurance options for medical/dental/vision/long term disability/life + optional plans for commuter accounts, pet insurance, legal help, and more!
- Retirement planning: 401(k) with company contribution
- 3 months fully paid parental leave
- Highly flexible vacation policy- that we actually want you to use!
- Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support
- Developing Employee Resource Groups (Affinity Groups) for underrepresented groups
- A kind, diverse, and highly skilled team
- You'll help define a new category of aerospace / logistics / robotics, and you'll work on novel and never-before-built systems
- As an early addition to a quickly growing team, you'll help shape and define company culture and values
- Flexible work arrangements (we understand you have a personal life)
Something looks off?