Senior Content Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Who we are
Hi there 👋 . We’re Ethena – the compliance platform for modern teams. Ethena’s suite of admin- and employee-friendly training and compliance tools help you check all the boxes and build a better workplace. Our training isn’t just a thing people get through, it’s something they actually enjoy (we got the stats to prove it—over 90% positive ratings). We are proud to be a part of the culture at companies like Zendesk, Pinterest, Figma, and Notion. In 2020, Ethena announced our $15.5 million Series A, and in 2022 we raised an additional $30 million Series B to build out Ethena’s best-in-class training solution, further invest in data and analytics, and continue launching impactful compliance products. Ethena’s Series B was led by Lachy Groom, with participation from existing investors including Felicis, Neo, Homebrew, and others. It’s a great time to join our team!
How we work
We’re a team of people who value diversity in all its forms. We love adding new perspectives and appreciate those who ask questions that help us challenge assumptions, explore new directions, and improve what we’ve already built. We believe it’s our responsibility to create an environment in which every person can bring their full, authentic selves to work. We push each other to be our best and do our training proud. We love feedback, practice empathy, and embrace humor. Seriously, we’re not shy about puns. If you brought us to a picnic, we’d be compli-ants. If we were shoes in London, we’d be trainers. If we were--you get it. Humor is welcome here. Read more about us on our careers page and follow our team on our Instagram!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to join our Marketing team! This role will report to our VP of Marketing, and will be responsible for content marketing execution and be a key contributor to the development of our marketing strategy.
We are based in Brooklyn with EST office hours, but our workforce is fully remote and your personal working hours can be based on your own timezone within the U.S. All team-wide meetings are scheduled to be inclusive of all U.S. time zones.
Reports to: Chris Vandermarel, VP of Marketing
What you'll do
- Alongside Product Marketing, own all content on the Ethena marketing website, ensuring resonance with Ethena’s audience, including the associated website analytics, SEO optimization, and messaging testing.
- Editorial oversight of the Ethena blog, while also writing the majority of company blog posts, and also managing the pipeline of occasional contributions from employees, customers, and advisors.
- Manage Ethena’s SEO strategy and own its performance including goal setting and ensuring progress against goals.
- Own Ethena’s social media presence with a focus on growing its following on LinkedIn.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with internal subject matter experts to ensure editorial content is educational and inspirational for Ethena’s audience and is never over-indexed on self-serving content.
- Contribute to the Ethena brand style guide, owning tone and voice from a marketing perspective.
- Produce a steady cadence of Demand Generation and Sales oriented assets (eg. checklists, guides, templates, research reports, case studies), working with the VP of Marketing to ensure gaps in the buyer’s journey are filled as needed.
- Serve as editor for Demand Generation content, reviewing email and ad copy as needed ensuring consistency of tone and brand voice.
- Oversight of company PR efforts, occasionally writing Press Releases as needed.
What makes a great candidate
- Experience effectively championing for content marketing’s contribution to pipeline and revenue through SEO, Organic Social, and the valuable content that ties together Awareness, Demand Generation, and Sales efforts.
- Hands-on experience in SEO, with a strong track record of driving improvements to search engine rankings.
- Experience producing a high volume of high quality written content.
- Demonstrated ability to create a high volume of content without sacrificing quality by leveraging contribution internally, externally, and using AI.
- Experience managing relationships with external content contributors is a must.
- While not required, experience producing and editing short-form video content is a plus (eg. short customer testimonials, clipping webinars for social media).
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we’re an early-stage startup so we’re looking for someone to help us build and have an impact quickly.
- A “roll up your sleeves” mentality - you’ll be a content team of one and you’ll be expected to do a lot yourself without significant contractor, consulting, or freelance help.
- Passion for what we’re building here at Ethena
- An impeccable sense of humor - our marketing content should be just as fun as our training content!
- Experience in B2B SaaS is required. Some journalism or publishing experience is a plus. Even better if you’ve written for HR, compliance, or legal audiences.
- Experience writing and distributing press releases.
What’s going to be the hardest part
- Turning out a high volume of high quality content to meet Demand Generation and SEO goals simultaneously, partnering with stakeholders such as the VP of People or the Sr Product Marketing Manager.
- Managing and prioritizing the various content marketing needs of the business as a team of one.
- Finding ways to optimize content marketing efficiencies (eg. repurposing content, adapting training course content for marketing purposes, creating blog posts that meet both SEO and customer-facing needs).
- This is sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing in a home office environment.
Benefits: The benefits offered for this position can be found here. We provide 20 days of paid time off per year (prorated from your start date) in addition to all 11 federal holidays* and unlimited paid sick leave. (*US-specific benefits. For more details on our Canadian benefits, leave a note in your application.)
How to Apply: Applications for this position will be accepted via our job board. Excited about the opportunity, but worried you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway, and give us both the chance to find out. We welcome you to read more about our approach to job descriptions by our VP of People, Melanie Naranjo. Curious to know what it’s like to interview with us? Read more here.
Ethena is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe that a successful organization is one that celebrates its employees for who they are, who they love, and the unique lens through which they experience the world. Ethena does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We understand that our differences make us better. They empower us to learn from each other, lean on each other, and create a product and community that models the behavior we hope to see in others.
We are not currently offering employer visa sponsorship for this role.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.