What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: empathy, execution, humility, curiosity.
- Manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and delivering outcomes
- Be responsible for team output across multiple axis: execution, speed, technical excellence, reliability, just to list a few examples.
- Collaborate with Product in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure we’re delivering a valuable and delightful customer experience.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and planning career growth
- Set best practices, standards, culture, and policies
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of relevant development experience in a start-up environment; 2+ years of which include people-management experience.
- Ability to clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Detail-oriented approach to challenges and the ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Exposure to high-growth environments.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Experience working with cross-functionality across multiple teams to deliver high-quality products.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- Deep experience working with APIs.
- Strong system-design instincts and experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Experience using a cloud provider. AWS is a bonus.
- Familiar with various API authentication and authorization methods; particularly OAuth.
- Strong knowledge of testing best practices.
What we offer
- Work from home budget
- Flexible monthly stipend
- 100% Health/Dental/Vision coverage and 85% dependent coverage
- Unlimited vacation policy (with 3 weeks minimum)
- Parental leave
- Offsite company trips
- Offices in SF & NYC