New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Gatheround is a series A startup that enables remote teams to elevate their culture through interactive, inclusive video meetings. We’re a favorite of teams at Gusto, Lyft, and Calendly, and are used by 11 of the 15 biggest US tech companies and dozens of the Fortune 500. More than a video meeting platform, Gatheround leverages the structure, content, and modular design of interactive activities to superpower the meetings that matter most. Learn more at gatheround.com.
About the Role
We are hiring a talented product designer to help drive Gatheround’s whimsical, thoughtful, and intuitive product and brand forward. As a member of the design team, you will work closely with our Principal Product Designer and collaborate across product, revenue, and founder teams on multiple project areas — from user acquisition and activation to developing our core meeting experience. Our dream candidate has both product and brand/marketing design experience, has experience building enterprise SaaS products, and thrives in startups.
You’ll report into our Principal Product Designer who reports directly to the CEO. Our team works remotely, but in this role, you will have to be available to work U.S.–friendly hours.
- Define, design, and release new features. You’ll explore and execute product design solutions for a variety of projects — some will be large and complex and others will small, tactical wins. You’ll deliver on this feature work in collaboration with partners across product, engineering, and revenue.
- Launch brand & marketing projects. You’ll deliver high quality brand and marketing experiences that may take the form of websites and assets, presentations, sales materials, illustrations, emails, paid ads, organic social, etc.
- Conduct user research. You’ll lead and/or participate in user interviews, usability testing, and market research to better understand customer needs.
- Maintain & extend our design system. You’ll help drive forward our playful design system (we use Figma) and strong brand identity.
- 3-5 years of product design experience. You have a proven track record envisioning, building, and iterating on digital products in close partnership with product management and engineering teams.
- 2 years marketing & brand design experience. You have an understanding of web, email, and ad design best practices and experience designing responsive web pages.
- B2B SaaS experience. You’ve worked on B2B SaaS products and brands in the past. Experience in HR tech or video conferencing is a plus.
- A strong portfolio. You can demonstrate outstanding design skills, prototyping, and product thinking informed by qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Exceptionally strong foundational roots in design. You know how to design within and extend an existing design system and brand identity, and have a high standard for quality and care about the details. You have a solid understanding of layout, typography, color, and other graphic design principles.
- Strong project management skills. You set realistic expectations and meet deadlines. You regularly share your work and progress with your project team via documentation, design explorations, and design critiques.
- Startup experience and startup mentality. You’ve worked in startups. You thrive while wearing multiple hats and know how to balance speed and quality.
What We Offer
- Compensation package includes salary and equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible, remote-first work environment
We believe that the best teams are composed of people with different backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better able we are to challenge each other’s assumptions and grow as individuals and a company. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants and do not discriminate based on any characteristic protected by law.