French Voice, QA Lead, Translation review (Contract, Part-Time)
What We're looking for
- Language: You are a native French speaker
- Experiences: You have experience doing voice-over projects and can project a calming, clear voice in guided prayer and meditation. You have experience with and an appreciation for the Catholic faith (bonus points if you have studied Catholic theology)
- Grit & detail-oriented: You have high attention to detail and are willing to listen through sessions prayerfully
- Passion: You're excited about the mission of bringing Catholic prayer and meditation to the phone of every French speaker!
What You'll do
- Work directly with the Content Team: You will work alongside the Content Team to record prayers in a professional voice-over studio (paid for and selected by Hallow) or at your home with an audio configuration set up by Hallow's audio engineers. You will first need to record a backlog of prayers and then be available to record new prayers as the Hallow content team writes them.
- Audio Recording: You should be comfortable sitting for extended periods to capture audio, and ideally enjoy praying out loud while being open to feedback on tone, speed, etc.
- Audio QA: You will work with the Content Team to become familiar with the sessions’ tone, pace, and outline. After Hallow’s audio engineers have edited the audio, you will be one of the final set of ears before sessions go on the app, catching any audio mistakes and reworking any timing to make the sessions prayerful and beautiful.
- Translation review: You will review translated prayers and meditations in French to ensure quality, consistency, tone, and style.
What You'll love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day, we get amazing stories and the pleasure of working on something impacting lives. One of my favorite users quotes: “I hate quoting an old cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while, I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be the voice leading people into prayer; a crucial, beautiful, and responsible task.
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey as we seek to grow and scale our app and experience for an international audience!
- Flexibility: This is a remote position.
- Comp: The rate for this work is dependent on experience and role. This is a contract position that does not offer health or medical benefits. We expect this work to provide approximately 20 hours per week for your first month (for initial training and recording MVP content) and 10-20 hours per week after that.
Something looks off?