What You'll Do
- Work directly with Head of Audio and Audio Team: You’ll be the fifth full-time member of our audio team and will work directly with the Head of Audio and the rest of the audio team, as well as with our entire content team to help create world-class audio experiences
- .Analyze and sort recordings: You’ll be the first set of ears on new recordings. You’ll pick out the best takes, remove unwanted audio, and piece together what you consider the best, single take. You’ll have a huge hand in what the final product sounds like.
- Edit recordings: You will be in charge of taking that best take (or takes) and guiding it through to the mixing stage. You’ll be working heavily in Izotope Rx (or similar), removing noise, clicks, pops, hum, breaths, and other unwanted artifacts. We want the cleanest possible end product, and you’ll be the first line of defense.
- Assist in recording environments: We record in many different scenarios, and often will need a hand in setting up, capturing, and tearing down. You’ll work closely with the rest of the audio team to determine the best possible recording set-ups for any given situation and assist with execution when necessary.
- Assist with mix & master: The more ears the better. You’ll help us to fine-tune mixing & mastering so we can provide Hallow members with the optimal audio experience.
What You'll Love
- Mission: this work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we get amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: you’ll be a huge part of our audio process. There’s nothing more exciting as an engineer than creating something beautiful, pristine, and moving, and we strive to do that every day.
- Growth: from day 1 you’ll be a part of the startup journey. Over the next year we’ll build out the company significantly and we’ll need your help to create a world class audio team.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago. That being said we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when you work just that it gets done.
- Comp: we will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We’re Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Experience: Key here is someone who has a firm grasp on audio production, esp. on the post-side. The role will be focused on the first stages of post-production, so knowing the software & what to listen for is important. Experience using RX or other audio repair software would be extremely helpful. Recording experience is also useful.
- Grit & detail-oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. Since we’re guiding in prayer, the audio has to be as clean as possible and we need to go the extra mile as a team to create the right space for our users to grow closer to God.
- Bilingual is nice to have: While not 100% necessary, being bilingual would be a huge plus. We are currently available in 5 languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, and Polish) and are working on building out at least 3 more this year (French, German, and Italian). The ability to work across more than one language would be really useful.
Something looks off?