Product Manager (Growth Pod)
What You'll Do
- Drive organic growth: Increasing virality & product-led growth will be the primary focus of the role. We expect to be constantly testing new features that can help improve organic growth from within the app including but not limited to referral programs and sharing features.
- Manage technical projects: Work closely with our CTO, VP of Product, and VP of Engineering to understand new features in the app and develop detailed implementation tasks in Jira. Planning two-weeks sprints in a scrum environment, running daily check-ins, and managing the backlog of features.
- Defining & tracking success metrics: Work with our product team to determine the types of tests we should implement for new releases, what metrics to track to gauge success, and identify the impact new features have.
- Roadmap planning: Work with the product team to prioritize a large backlog of features to develop a quarterly roadmap.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll report to our CTO, and will be in charge of managing all the lifecycle of our feature releases starting with design and ending in determining impact.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup from the beginning. When the company is this small, every employee is a core team member who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago with the full team and would love to have everyone there. That being said, we’re super flexible with location / hours; don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in growth or product is a must - we are looking for someone who has helped grow products organically at other companies and is comfortable designing and executing on the tests that drive such growth. Experience in a Scrum environment and Jira is a plus; attention to detail and ability to work cross-functionally with design, engineering, and leadership will be incredibly important.
- Grit: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. You'll be jumping into a brand new role in a fast moving team, perseverance and adaptability are important.
Something looks off?