Head of People
What You'll Do
- Lead People Strategy & Build Culture: Own our People strategy from end to end. Align our People strategy and processes to our organizational goals. Recruit, onboard and retain talented and diverse professionals who are excited to help people grow closer to God.
- Guide Our Team: Act as a trusted advisor to our leadership team. Develop trusting relationships with cross-functional partners and team members. Provide expert advice to our managers and team members on all HR matters and answer ad-hoc team member questions. Support all levels of the organization to build morale and drive engagement, productivity, and retention. Partner with leaders in solving complex HR issues including in areas like employee relations, performance and employment.
- Run the HR Function: Analyze surveys, trends, metrics, and other feedback to prioritize and develop solutions, programs and policies regarding organizational and People-related topics. Review our HR tech stack and propose improvements and solutions to best support the organization. Run all day-to-day HR functions including recruiting, compensation & benefits, learning & development, and compliance.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll play the central role in building the structures that make sure we can maintain a positive and transparent culture, while ensuring compliance with processes and policies that provide clear running lanes.
- Growth: You’ll be a part of the startup journey from the beginning. Over the next couple of years we’ll build out the company significantly and we’ll need your help to grow and develop several teams from the ground up.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and we would love to have as many team members there as possible, but we are completely flexible on location within the United States.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and/or a related field of study. 8+ years of experience working as an HR Business Partner in a growing small to medium-sized multi-state company, with direct responsibility for supporting both US and international team members as well as both employees and contractors. Tech startup experience and/or experience building out an HR function from scratch is preferred.
- Ability to Build and Adapt Quickly: Desire and ability to quickly build strong and trusting relationships, influence, and collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization. Perseverance, follow-through, ability to move quickly, and ability to manage several priorities and projects at one time.
- Team Support: Ability to support a cross-functional team’s People priorities and handle matters in a way that conveys understanding, empathy, objectivity, and reliability.
Something looks off?