What You'll Do
- Manage the Team: All of our lead generation specialists and sales leads will report to you. You will be in charge of overseeing all of our pipelines (e.g., schools, parishes, universities) and the day-to-day management of the team.
- Train and Coach the Team: You will be responsible for establishing ongoing training for the team, identifying specific growth opportunities for each team member, and providing ongoing coaching based on individual needs.
- Manage Reporting: Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of overall sales activities, including supporting sales efficiency KPIs, will be your responsibility, as well as providing ongoing insights to the executive leadership team about opportunities in the market.
- Improve Processes: Out of the gate, you will need to formalize our sales process into a formal playbook and from there, you will be responsible for ongoing testing to improve our systems and processes.
- Grow the Team: As we demonstrate repeatable success, you will be responsible for scaling the team and training new lead gen & sales hires.
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: You’ll be our first sales team manager and you will have the ability to create the playbook we will use to scale nationally.
- Team: We have an amazing team of lead gen specialists and sales leads that you will be able to hit the ground running with.
- Flexibility: HQ will be in Chicago and would love to have as many team members there as possible, but we are completely flexible on location.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, commissions, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Sales Leadership Experience: Given that you will be leading the training and coaching of the sales team, we are looking for someone who has a demonstrated ability to drive results and ongoing process improvement. A track record of success in actually selling is also desired.
- Systematic: Because you will also need to formalize many of our processes and strategies, it will be critical that you are able to think systematically so that we can scale the team down the road.
- Coaching Demeanor: While you will not be selling day-to-day, you’ll be measured by the empirical results of the sales team. As such, it will be critical that you are able to build rapport quickly with each sales team member, identify their growth opportunities, and work with them so that they can maximize their own capabilities.
- Growth Mindset: At Hallow we are big fans of the growth testing framework. Once you establish our baseline sales process, we’ll want you to lead our efforts in constantly testing ways that our processes can be improved.
Something looks off?