Senior Android Developer
What You'll Do
- Build the Hallow App: Build a best-in-class native Kotlin mobile app to help our users pray and meditate around the world
- Craft the Product: Work closely within a product pod alongside other developers and designers in an agile environment to implement designs, interfaces, and animations into our app.
- Collaborate: Participate in design and code reviews, working closely with other devs.
- Optimize: Architect frameworks for allowing A/B testing of content, fine-tune media streaming to enable our content to be accessible worldwide
What You'll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we hear amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives. One of our favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliche, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Ownership: When a company is this small, every employee is a core team member with an outsized impact. You'll own the entire codebase for your vertical within a product pod from start to finish.
- Growth: You’ll get to journey with a VC-backed Silicon Valley startup in hyper-growth mode. who is expected to help build the company as a whole as we settle into a culture and continue to expand the team. From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. We went from less than 10 to over 60 in the past 2 years, and we’ll need your help to create a world-class team and get individuals praying in more countries around the world.
- Flexibility: We operate as a remote first team with members all over the globe. We don’t care when or where you work just that it gets done! That being said, our HQ is in Chicago and if in person work is something you are interested in we'd love to have you there!
- Comp: We pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
What We're Looking For
- Passion: First and foremost, we’re looking for someone excited and passionate about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun to actually care about what you’re working on!
- Experience: A foundation of 5+ years of experience in Kotlin and Android development in general; experience working on other apps that use ExoPlayer or media streaming; an attention for detail with regards to design and crafting user interfaces; knowledge of application architecture and design
- Grit & Detail-Oriented: We really care about what we’re doing & try to build as fast as we can. Since we’re guided meditation and competing with some large players in the market (Calm, Headspace), we have to stand out. Everything we do, say, send, or spend money on should be top-notch quality and set Hallow apart as the best.
Something looks off?