Summer Sales Operations Intern
What You'll Do
- Build our database of Catholic institutions in the US: Research Catholic schools, parishes, and other organizations by Diocese and update our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to fully map the Catholic institutions across the country.
- Create and share insights with our team: Research our existing partners and work with the sales team to identify potential prospects that might be good fits for Hallow partnership.
- Understand and manage relationships systematically: Take notes on sales calls, log relationship data in our CRM, and follow up with partners on next steps.
- Get to know the Hallow team: Meet the team at Hallow via 1x1 “Coffee Chats” to learn about what they do and why they love working at Hallow.
- Memorialize your learnings: End of summer presentation for the company to recognize your achievements
What You’ll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Every day we get amazing stories and get the pleasure of working on something that impacts lives. One of my favorite user quotes: “I hate quoting an old, overused cliché, but I’ve been very lost. And I think for the first time in a while I may be found.”
- Growth: From day 1, you’ll be a part of the startup journey. Over the summer, we’ll be growing significantly, and we’ll need your help in building a national network of community partners.
- Learning: You’ll be surrounded by a world-class group of colleagues that will be both teachers and colleagues in developing the essential skills relating to partner success.
- Ownership: You’ll be developing a comprehensive map of all the leaders in Catholic schools and parishes across the country. There is nothing more exciting than supporting those directly responsible for the next generation of Catholics developing a personal relationship with God.
- Relationship: You’ll also build relationships internally across the entire Hallow organization from top to bottom.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun :)
- High Energy: Ambitious students who are ready to hit the ground running so we can get out there and support as many schools and parishes as we possibly can.
- Detail-Oriented: We really care about what we’re doing. In order to provide a world-class experience to our partners while moving quickly across multiple relationships, we need to document all of our internal and external activities. Clear and consistent written communication is paramount. Strong Excel skills are preferred.
- Growth Mindset: Innovative thinkers who can think outside the box and are always thinking of new ideas to improve our systems.
- Willing to Learn: Easy to coach individuals who will handle constructive feedback well