Senior Content Designer
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
Headway is looking for an experienced content designer to help build delightful experiences for our users. As the 2nd content designer, you’ll pave the path for content design at Headway and have the opportunity to inform and influence key product and design decisions.
- Own the end-to-end UX content strategy process from ideation to execution across multiple projects.
- Partner with product, design and engineering to build products from zero to one and help evolve our product vision.
- Refine concepts and definitions in our system, stitching experiences together with coherent language.
- Establish and evangelize UX content standards and style guides to help us scale.
You will love this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of UX content design experience with a portfolio of end-to-end projects.
- Have a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration with product managers, designers and UX researchers.
- Know how to collaborate and iterate in Figma.
- Have a great understanding of user-centric design and design best practices, as well as a knack for explaining your thinking to others.
- Are empathetic: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspective.
- Are energized by ambiguity & consider yourself a self-starter: you love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects.
- Are motivated by our mission: we are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability).
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.