Senior Manager, CX Workforce Management
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
Headway is looking for an experienced Workforce Management Lead to oversee forecasting, planning, staffing optimization and reporting for our CX team. Our CX team is the tip of the spear that will make affordable healthcare a reality for millions, and you will be there to shape this experience. This is a unique opportunity in an industry that needs to be rebuilt.
In this position, you will play a critical role in building the CX organization’s workforce management function to support our internal and external (BPO) teams. You’ll create the infrastructure for our capacity planning, forecasting and scheduling to ensure we have the right agents, in the right place, at the right time. You’ll also lead real-time adherence (RTA) efforts to optimize staffing, create pivotal dashboards and reports, and identify opportunities to improve agent productivity. As an analyst, you’ll evaluate “what if” scenarios and provide insights that empower and enable the CX team to run our operations more effectively and efficiently.
The person in this role is analytically-minded, operationally excellent, and unflappable in a fast-moving environment. You will play a key role in improving the foundation that allows us to deliver on key metrics like response time, productivity, and forecast accuracy. As a workforce lead, you will build a long-term strategic vision for Headway’s workforce operations and work with the CX team to pursue Headway’s vision for the best-in-class provider and client experience.
Own all forecasting and planning
- Build short- and long-term forecasts that accurately predict contact arrival patterns (email/chat/phone), headcount needs, and operational costs
- Update forecast with actual results, adjusting based on current trends, goals, staffing levels and market conditions
- Monitor, track, analyze results and provide insights versus budget and forecasts to understand trends and identify process improvement opportunities
- Work with cross-functional partners to coordinate new provider- and patient-facing initiative forecasts and staffing ramp ups
Optimize CX staffing
- Oversee real time adherence (RTA) to schedule and make changes as needed, including Playlist management
- Oversee CXA scheduling, accounting for trainings, meetings, coaching sessions, events and activities
- Recommend new training classes, both internally and externally
- Advise BPO management regarding staffing and scheduling
- Collaborate with CX leadership team to deliver productivity improvements
Oversee workforce data and reporting
- Manage WFM reporting strategies and processes for internal and external teams
- Produce executive level reporting and analysis for service level and productivity metrics
- Provide daily, biweekly, and monthly intra-day performance and historical trends reporting to leadership
- Develop and provide agent, supervisor, and manager reporting/dashboards designed to support performance management
You’d be a great fit if...
- At least 5 years of experience in Workforce Management in a Customer Support organization, with 1 year of leadership experience
- You have a deep passion for the customer experience with a proven track record of driving innovation and optimization in a fast-paced tech environment
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy.
- You have a strong understanding of CX metrics, processes and tools
- You are a natural “builder” and enjoy the challenge of figuring something out for the first time
- You have a bias to action towards driving and implementing process improve quality and increase efficiency
- You’re an analytical and creative problem solver: you dig into challenges, quantify them, and create “handmade” solutions
- You can connect the dots with a data-driven approach to optimize the customer experience
- You have passion for Headway’s mission
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.