Business Operations & Strategy Lead
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
On the Business Operations & Strategy team, our mission is simple: to drive mission critical outcomes in parts of the organization where we aren't yet structured to invest, and to cultivate world-class entrepreneurial leaders who will effect change at Headway and beyond.
As Headway grows, so do the complexity and impact of the challenges we face. The BizOps team deploys across the org to own company defining problems and to incubate trajectory-changing bets that we need to, but are not yet structured to tackle. To be a part of BizOps is to make a commitment to a tightly-knit community of peers who are intensely ambitious and introspective, and invest in one another to become the world-class entrepreneurial leaders of tomorrow.
By design, this role will thrust you into the fire. If you aspire to build great things and seek the ambiguity and discomfort that growth necessitates, we’d love to talk with you.
- Partner with functional teams across the org to diagnose complex problems and own outcomes from start to finish
- Spearhead new company bets, with potential to become new lines of business
- Collaborate with your fellow BizOps Leads to circulate best practices, distill novel opportunities, and support the evolution of the broader Headway org
You’d be a great fit if...
- You have 5+ years of experience in a role that requires analytical problem solving, operational rigor, and outcome ownership.
- You have been a founder/early-stage employee of a fast-growing startup, and/or have been a core member of a 0 -> 1 business line at a high-performing organization
- Data is your first-language; you enjoy and are skilled at digging through complex data to solve ambiguous problems
- You thrive in the unknown, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, roll up your sleeves, learn new skills, and drive towards solutions
- You are adept at distilling and communicating complex technical concepts to a broad, diverse audience
- You seek an environment that fosters individual growth through open, impactful feedback and high autonomy
- You are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact on one of our generation’s defining problems: affordable mental healthcare
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?