Head of Data Analytics
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 300,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About the role:
Building a new mental healthcare system at Headway is only possible because of the insights and leverage that data can provide. Over the past year, we've made big strides in developing a data infrastructure that is the basis of all our insights. Now it is time to leverage this environment and build a world-class Analytics team that can drive insights, analyses, reporting, tracking, and operate as the initiator and coach for everyone in using analytical tools.
We're our first Head of Data Analytics to ensure Headway is a true data-first company as we execute our mission of making mental healthcare more accessible and affordable across the United States. Reporting to Headway’s CFO, you will be the builder and leader of a world-class Data Analytics Team and the main driver of insights as we rapidly scale. You will be responsible for partnering with business leads and ensuring teams are making data-driven decisions and tracking KPIs. You'll lead the central coordinating hub for analytics, whether done by your team or decentralized, working closely with the Data Engineering teams who are building the data infrastructure, the Strategic Finance team who are your collaborators from a finance perspective, and functional leaders at Headway whose success you will enable as you strengthen the analytics posture at Headway.
Headway is growing at an unprecedented speed, which provides a unique opportunity for an action, growth, and impact-oriented leader to build a world-class team and culture of data excellence.
- Hire, inspire, and manage a growing team of data analysts
- Partner with the Engineering, Infrastructure, Product, Operations, Finance and Business functions closely to define the direction of the data team and to drive results
- Be responsible for for the tracking and communicating of KPIs, both through central reporting and liberalization of the data
- Be a key decision maker on projects involving data within the company
- Be a key player in insuring the successful execution of the various projects involving data
- Be a critical thinker, able to quickly grasp metrics, numbers, financial information, and converse with the various stakeholders in a thoughtful manner
You will love this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in data leadership with proven experience building high functioning data or analytics teams, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- Years of hands-on experience working with data at various levels
- Understanding of various technology stacks, and be native in different tools and languages
- Strong at simplifying data, be able to explain complex data stories to different stakeholders
- You are empathetic: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspective
- You're energized by ambiguity & a self-starter: you love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today: access and affordability.
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?