Head of Demand Generation
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About the Role:
We’re hiring our first Head of Demand Generation to tell the story of Headway and grow our brand with key audiences. Reporting to the VP of Growth, you’ll have the unique opportunity to build, shape, and lead our provider and patient marketing function directly responsible for ensuring the growth of Headway’s core business. In this role, you’ll drive demand generation for both patients and providers, leveraging both paid and unpaid channels. You’ll recruit, retain, and develop a diverse and talented team to define Headway’s brand and go-to-market strategy, supporting Headway’s ambitious growth goals. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to grow and shape a truly mission-critical function responsible for defining Headway’s first impression to countless patients and providers.
- Hire, build, and coach a high-performing marketing team that can drive B2B and B2C demand generation by leveraging existing channels and building new channels (events/functions, lifecycle/nurture system, SEO)
- Explore and test new growth strategies/channels and scale existing channels
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments and executive stakeholders to plan and execute the vision
- Identify performance issues and their root causes using a metrics-oriented and first-principles approach
You’d be a great fit if...
- You have 10+ years of experience building and leading high-performing marketing teams at a high growth technology companies
- You have experience managing a high performing team and have successfully managed people managers in past roles
- You have experience leading multiple functions of marketing demand generation incl. content marketing, performance marketing, SEO, etc.
- You’re extremely analytical and have experience leading experimentation and testing to drive increased channel optimization and strategically build new channels
- You’re an excellent coach and team leader– you’re gritty and results-oriented and help your team gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed
- You are deeply curious and want to understand the root cause of the challenges needed to overcome
- You’ve designed and implemented effective KPIs and metrics to measure and manage the team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with different departments and executive stakeholders and value a collaborative environment
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?