Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 300,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
As Headway’s founding Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for defining and evolving the brand visual identity and bringing our brand and mission to life visually. There’s a lot of opportunities for you to make a major impact on Headway’s brand strategy, building the creative discipline and establishing the process. This is an incredible opportunity for people who are excited about growing a creative function from scratch and building a category-defining mental health brand with a world-class team.
- Develop and implement a creative strategy aligned with our brand vision, values, and business goals.
- Oversee the development of creative concepts, including branding, advertising campaigns, digital content, and packaging, from ideation to execution.
- Build the creative discipline at Headway from 0 to 1.
You will love this role if you have:
- 8+ years of agency and/or in-house creative team experience.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of creative projects across various mediums.
- Strong understanding of brand strategy and the ability to translate it into impactful visual storytelling.
- Exceptional artistic vision and creativity, with a keen eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Excited about building the discipline from zero to one.
- Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today (access and affordability).
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something looks off?