Manager, Strategy & Operations
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive for prospective patients. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it easy for therapists to grow their practices, and possible for patients to find quality care they can afford.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 400,000+ appointments per month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
As Headway works to build a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access, we’re facing unique operational challenges and opportunities that come with growing and scaling at an unparalleled rate. We’re pushing the boundaries of the existing healthcare system so that we can fulfill our promise to providers, patients, and payers to create access to high quality providers across the nation. In order to do that, we’re building a world class operations team that enables efficiency, growth, and quality, and as a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to have a material impact on the trajectory of Headway and help define a function core to the livelihood of our business and the impact we deliver for our partners and clients.
As a Manager, Strategy & Operations, you will play an integral role in helping us lay the groundwork of Operations at Headway. You’ll own and operate various workflows that support our primary clients. You’ll be tasked with disambiguating complex problems, designing and implementing creative, data-driven solutions, and maintaining the systems that support Headway’s day-to-day operations and allow us to offer care to those who need it. As part of your fulfillment of these tasks, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and data to build the processes and products that allow Headway to succeed as a business, and you’ll collaborate with various teams across Headway on the implementation and iteration of scalable systems, including our payer, cx, and growth teams. The ideal candidate will have previous experience driving outcomes within a complex problem space, creating efficient and scalable processes, and leveraging data to assess team success. Additionally, this person should be passionate about working within a fast-paced, growing, and innovative environment.
What you’ll do at Headway
- Design and build foundations for a variety of 0-1 initiatives within the Operations function.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build, execute, monitor, and implement scalable products and processes that enable us to deliver on core business challenges.
- Assess and analyze data to develop and determine strategies for accelerating progress, proactively identify areas for improvement, and deliver on roadmap priorities and team OKRs.
- Have the potential to build and manage a growing team to achieve these objectives.
You’ll be great for this role if you:
- 7-9+ years of experience in operational roles at high-growth companies, with some background in consulting, finance, business operations preferred but not required.
- Data is your first-language; you enjoy and are skilled at digging through complex data to solve ambiguous problems.
- You thrive in the unknown, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy.
- You are operationally excellent, able to manage a large volume of moving pieces without breaking a sweat.
- You are a collaborator that proactively partners across teams while holding teams accountable for business results.
- You seek an environment that fosters individual growth through open-feedback and high-autonomy.
- You are a team builder that is passionate about growing and developing a team.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to make an impact on one of our generation’s defining problems: affordable mental healthcare
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from our NYC HQ.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.