Clinical Lead, Patient & Provider Experience
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About The Role
As the Clinical Lead, Patient and Provider Experience, the person in this role will work to increase patient satisfaction, engagement and participation by consistently working cross functionally to improve patient and provider experiences. This person will support the incident/complaint reporting process, including assisting teams with investigation and root cause analysis, and reporting to the Quality and Compliance Review Committee. This individual will work closely with Customer Experience teams to lead, create, and update complaint workflows to ensure patients are receiving high quality and clinically appropriate care.
As the only tech-enabled behavioral health Managed Services Organization (MSO) built with entirely in-house software, Headway has an unprecedented opportunity in the clinical space. Today, we support more than 20k Clinicians and hundreds of thousands of patients. Building a best in class quality program will impact clinicians and patients nationwide.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You are a clinician – have 3-5 years of experience as a master’s level clinician (independently licensed preferred but not required) with experience both as a practicing provider as well as operating in a fast-paced, high growth business. Bonus points if you have experience managing high-volume complaints from patients or providers.
- You are a creative thinker – with demonstrated passion for reimagining how behavioral health quality is defined, measured, and operationalized. This likely means you’ve worked in health plans, health systems, and / or value-based healthcare startups.
- You are a collaborator – eager and adept at working in concert with product, operations, and sales teams to infuse clinical strategy across the org.
- You are a problem solver - you have extensive experience managing patient or provider complaints or concerns. You have worked to build products or workflows that can increase efficiency and improve patient or provider experiences.
- Work with Customer Experience and Clinical Product teams build programs, products, and opportunities for increased patient engagement
- Partner with the Customer Experience team to review and respond to concerns from providers and patients
- Collaborate with the customer experience team to update and implement scalable resolutions
- Improve escalation pathways by differentiating the types and severity of concerns
- Train Customer Experience team on effective communication standards with providers and patients
- Develop a playbook of procedures, protocols, benefits, services, systems, and any other necessary information to resolve patient and provider issues and inquiries
- Track clinical documentation required to fully understand the concerns with both internal and external customers
- Leverage data (via Headway tools such as Zendesk and Salesforce) to inform initiatives that will drive better outcomes for patients and providers
- In collaboration with Headway’s clinical leaders, conduct frequent literature searches to ensure Headway is sharing the most current treatment recommendations and evidence
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.