Clinical Lead, Product
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As the Clinical Lead, Product and Experience, your mission is to build upon and develop Headway’s existing digital product and EHR platform. The person in this role will work to increase clinician and patient engagement and participation in Headway’s online product offerings. The Clinical Lead, Clinician Product and Experience will utilize existing research, best practice standards, provider feedback, and clinical skills to formulate meaningful recommendations to the Product team. This individual will also work cross functionally to develop and expand an innovative and multidimensional digital product that is compliant and supports Headway’s quality framework. This person will support the incident/complaint reporting process, including assisting departments with investigation and root cause analysis, and reporting to the Quality Improvement Committee. This individual will work closely with the Product Development and Customer Experience teams to ensure clinicians are receiving high quality support, enabling them to deliver effective, efficient, and patient-centered care.
As the only tech-enabled behavioral health Managed Services Organization (MSO) built with entirely in-house software, Headway has an unprecedented opportunity in the clinical space. Today, we support more than 20k Clinicians and hundreds of thousands of patients. Building a best in class digital product will impact clinicians and patients nationwide.
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You are a clinician – have 3+ years of experience as a psychiatrist, therapist, LICSW or a PhD with experience both as a practicing provider as well as operating in a fast-paced, high growth business. Bonus points if you have experience working with EHRs.
- You are a thought leader – with demonstrated passion for reimagining how behavioral health quality is defined, measured, and operationalized. This likely means you’ve worked in health plans, health systems, and / or value-based healthcare startups. You have experience in merging technology and healthcare
- You are a collaborator and communicator – eager and adept at working in concert with product, operations, and sales teams to infuse clinical strategy across the org.
- Under the supervision of Head of Medical and Clinical Strategy, lead the expansion of the Headway clinician facing digital product and EHR.
- Work directly with the Product Team to build the Headway digital product and platform
- Support development onboarding training program, specifically around training providers to integrate with and utilize the Headway platform
- Develop a critical understanding of how mental health clinicians utilize digital tools to deliver high quality care and document in a compliant manner
- Collaborate with clinicians, operations, and product to identify opportunities to support clinicians and patients and bring technology-enabled innovations to the Headway platform
- Partner with a cross-functional team that includes clinicians, engineers, data analysts, and designers
- Monitor clinician and patient feedback and work with Product team to incorporate feedback into the digital product
- Work with Education and Engagement Clinical Leads to improve clinician engagement and satisfaction with Headway products
- Serve as the liaison between the clinician community and our product teams
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $145,000
- Group B: $130,500
- Group C: $116,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.