Director/Senior Manager of Marketing Analytics
Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access. We make it easy for people to find quality in-network mental health care by removing historic barriers faced by mental health providers, payers, and patients.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the vast majority do not get the care they need. The primary reason is cost: the majority of therapists do not accept insurance, meaning paying for therapy is prohibitively expensive. This is where we got our start – Headway has built the first software-enabled national network of therapists who accept health insurance, making it possible for patients to find quality care they can afford and enabling mental healthcare providers to grow their practice.
We launched in April of 2019 and are now powering 500,000+ appointments a month. To scale our vision, we’ve raised over over $100 million in funding from a16z, Thrive, Accel, Spark Capital, and Google Ventures.
Join us, and make an impact
About the role:
Building a new mental healthcare system at Headway is only possible because of the insights and leverage that data can provide. Over the past year, we've made big strides in developing a data infrastructure. Now it is time to leverage this environment and build a world-class Marketing and Growth Analytics team that can drive insights, analyses, and reporting to help Headway reach its ambitious growth goals.
We're seeking a senior marketing analytics leader to be the cultivator of a Marketing and Growth Analytics team focused on supporting growth and marketing for Headway as we execute our mission of making mental healthcare more accessible and affordable across the United States. Reporting to Headway’s Head of Data, you will be responsible for partnering with business and product leaders with a shared focus on growth to help drive strategy and improve execution by ensuring teams are making data-driven decisions, uncovering the insights and building the analytic models needed to fuel the company's growth. You'll work closely with functional leaders across Marketing, Growth and Product at Headway as well as the rest of the Data and Data Engineering teams who are building the data infrastructure.
Headway is growing at an unprecedented speed, which provides a unique opportunity for an action, growth, and impact-oriented leader to build a world-class team and culture of data excellence.
- Partner with Marketing and Growth leadership to develop an analytics roadmap and help build a rigorous culture of data-driven decision making including:
- Drive insights, identify opportunities, and understand behavior and long-term trends that meaningfully impact Headway’s business
- Collaborate with marketing to design and execute experiments, incrementality testing, attribution and media mix modeling, and spend ROI curves, etc.
- Develop sophisticated analytics around patient and provider engagement and churn to enable our sales and retention teams
- Hire, inspire, and manage a growing team of data analysts
- Work with engineering to build and evolve our data infrastructure to surface key metrics (with a focus on web analytics) through automated dashboards and regular reporting ensuring stakeholders and executive leadership are well-informed
- Serve as a thought leader, championing data-driven decision-making, analytics, and experimentation across the organization
You will love this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a marketing or growth analytics with 3+ year of that experience in a team leadership role in a fast-paced environment with proven experience building high-functioning data or analytics teams
- Deeply understand marketing metrics, web tracking and attribution models, campaign performance measurement and forecasting, and a strategic mindset to provide actionable recommendations
- Bring years of hands-on experience working with data at various levels from building and managing complex data pipelines and ETL processes, to developing data science models
- Are proficient across a range of industry tools (Snowflake, Fivetran, DBT, etc.) and query (SQL etc.) and statistical analysis languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Lead with empathetic: you are eager to see the world from your users’ perspective
- Excel at simplifying data, be able to explain complex data stories to different stakeholders
- Are energized by ambiguity & a self-starter: you love to drive the direction of ambiguous projects
- Find meaning in the mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in mental health care today: access and affordability.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role:
- The starting salary for this role is $195,500 and increases to $230,000 based on industry tenure and experience.
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.