Director, Corporate Communications
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role:
We’re hiring our first Corporate Comms Director (PR & media) to tell the story of Headway and grow our brand with key audiences. Reporting to our Head of Payer Marketing and Communications, you will shape our comms strategy and expand our reach via media, social channels, announcements, owned content, speaking opportunities, and more. We’re looking for a performance-driven leader with a proven capacity to build and execute against OKRs. This person must be a strategic yet tactical cross-functional collaborator. Moreover, the right candidate will be a phenomenal writer and messaging expert, with a keen ability to translate complex healthcare and technology concepts into accessible messages to distinct audiences. This is an exceptional opportunity to join the fastest growing mental health company in the country, leading ambitious portfolios and partnering with high-caliber teams.
- Take a seat at the helm to grow a consistent and impactful drumbeat via Headway’s PR & communications function, taking one of the fastest growing companies and building a brand of deep trust across multiple audiences
- Conceptualize and manage thought leadership and brand opportunities
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with media and key public affairs stakeholders
- Monitor the beat of the market, finding organic opportunities for Headway to lead the conversation
- Maintain a critical eye, consistently weighing risk-reward with PR and media opportunities
- Build a longitudinal strategy that impacts corporate goals, showing measurable impact via PR and comms tactics; be performance-obsessed, leading campaign recaps, and quantifying impact towards ambitious OKRs
- Own pen on press releases, pitches, messaging points, FAQs, announcement collateral (e.g. social), awards and more
- Develop well-written, effective content including blogs, thought leadership content (e.g. placed op-eds), and more
- Own earned social media channels end-to-end, leading content creation and execution for corporate brand efforts across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Staff executives and interface with advisors, Board members, partners and more
- Ensure spokespeople are ready for public-facing opportunities, aligning on briefs for panels, media interviews, etc
- Build deeply trusted relationships with colleagues across product, patient & provider marketing, clinical, business development, customer success, growth, CX, engineering, talent and more
You’d be a great fit if...
- You have 7-10 years of experience leading corporate communications in high-growth, tech-enabled companies (preferably within the healthcare space)
- You are an exceptional written and verbal communicator, with an ability to translate Headway’s value proposition and insights into compelling narratives
- You’re gritty, results-oriented, and excited by owning ambitious comms projects at an early-stage startup
- You’re tenacious, creative, and persistent when identifying new media opportunities
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $185,000
- Group B: $166,500
- Group C: $148,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.