Legal Analyst (Paralegal)
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company powering 500k+ appointments per month with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As Headway’s first Legal Analyst, you’ll be integral in achieving key compliance and quality goals by providing timely, practical legal advice to cross-functional business units. You’ll support the legal team by advising the business on a variety of corporate and healthcare regulatory matters, including: assisting with healthcare-related filings and transactions; conducting legal research on healthcare regulations and compliance matters; supporting in preparing and reviewing various legal documents and agreements (e.g., vendor agreements, NDAs, BAAs, and other consumer-facing materials); managing company corporate entities and interfacing with registered agents; responding to escalated provider and client issues, and responding to record requests. Time permitting, you will also have an opportunity to support oversight of the company’s intellectual property portfolio and manage legal department projects and key operational initiatives. In this high-visibility role, you’ll be challenged to grow and rewarded by impactful learning opportunities within the legal space.
- Provide general legal business guidance and support to Headway’s legal department and cross-functional business units
- Prepare and negotiate contracts, including NDAs, vendor agreements, BAAs, and others
- Perform regulatory research and analysis on a variety of corporate, healthcare, related regulatory topics
- Support escalated complaints and record retention requests
- Provide project management support to the legal department
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have 5+ years of experience either in a law firm or corporate environment, preferably advising businesses operating in the healthcare (or similar regulated) space
- You have a paralegal certification or equivalent experience
- You are highly collaborative and organized and thrive on giving practical, timely advice to great people doing great work
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $130,000
- Group B: $117,000
- Group C: $104,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.