Senior Manager, Health Plan GTM Strategy and Marketing
Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role:
Join Headway to build and launch the B2B health plan marketing and GTM strategy function. This person will sit on the Business Development team, working directly with account leaders to accelerate health plan sales and deepen engagement.
The first of its kind role, the Senior Manager, GTM Strategy and Health Plan Marketin is someone who has a deep understanding of health care and health insurance companies (behavioral health a plus!). They seamlessly get into the brain of a customer to decide the stories that we need to tell, value props we need to uplift, and content we need to create to drive health plan leaders to take action. The right person must be a visionary – someone who wants to bring to life a B2B business to measurably impact sales goals.
This individual loves to keep their pulse on the healthcare market and leverage those insights to support the team. They will also be comfortable working with data, research, and building thought leadership. This person will be just as excited about writing case studies and white papers, as they are building world-class decks, writing sales talking points, and creating detailed and technical Q&A. Organizational excellence is key.
The right person for this job has grit. This is an IC role, responsible for building a strategy and executing against it.
- Champion a deep understanding of health insurance companies, mental health care strategy, and Headway’s leadership in the sector
- Lean into your product marketing alter ego, serving as the key voice of our health plan customers internally
- Take lead on Headway’s enterprise narrative, building decks, talking points, technical Q&A and more that equip the business development team with the right resources for them to be successful
- Build a world-class GTM engine, owning competitive messaging & positioning to to build and shape Headway’s story, value prop, and product releases
- Partner with the payer sales plan to lead and execute on a competitive intelligence strategy that helps Headway keep a pulse on the market
- Develop robust B2B marketing strategies that measurably influence Headway’s sales cycle to health plans, and relationship management with current customers
- Write compelling white papers, case studies, and other collateral for a health plan exec audience; Work with the research team to build a consistent cadence of proprietary research Headway can publish on
- Manage Headway’s enterprise content library
- Support with industry events, Headway-led convenings, and participation on panels and other external engagements
You’d be a great fit if...
- 8 - 10+ years of experience in management consulting, sales, GTM strategy, product marketing, or a related field; of this, at least 5+ years working in healthcare (with health plans a plus!)
- You delight in the technical details of healthcare – knowing why health plans make decisions, tracking trends, and becoming an expert on behavioral health
- You are able to look at data and find a story to tell; perhaps you have a vision for what should be told on the market, and work with a research team to create proprietary insights to bring to market
- You’re a storyteller, capable of taking technical product updates and value propositions and building a narrative that resonates with customers
- You’re part-strategist; part executor –this is an IC role
- A+ decks, talking points and Q&A are your sweet spot
- You are known to be the best writer around, loving to sit down to write a case study, white paper, or research
- You are a self-starter and highly operational, with strong project management skills
- You thrive in fast paced, ambiguous environments, and love getting in at the ground-level to build 0 to 1 (bonus if you have experience doing this first-hand at a growth stage start-up)
- You are very eager improve access to mental health care at scale in the US
- You’re results-oriented
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Group A: $160,000
- Group B: $144,000
- Group C: $128,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Benefits offered include:
- Equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.