Honor exists to expand the world’s capacity to care.
We’re combining high tech with high-touch to deliver better home care for aging adults, better jobs for Care Professionals, and entirely new offerings to support the aging journey, at scale.
Founded in 2014, and now a Series E funded “Unicorn” valued at over $1B, Honor leads the world’s largest home care network with the most advanced care platform. Our August 2021 acquisition of Home Instead has created a global company that’s revolutionizing how society cares for older adults, their families, and Care Professionals.
The Honor Care Platform combines local care and the most advanced technology to bring the highest quality care to more aging adults.
Grow at Honor as part of a united team where everyone shows up authentically, shares ideas bravely, and solves complex problems!
About the Work:
Please note this position will work onsite at our Home Instead HQ in Omaha, NE. Applicants will be required to work in the office on a regular basis.
The Legal Coordinator role is to provide a wide range of legal and administrative support to the Legal team. You will maintain, organize, oversee and develop key legal processes and documentation that support the Legal team, while also interacting with internal stakeholders and our network’s franchise owners. We are looking for a someone who is organized, detail-oriented and thoughtful about balancing priorities. The Legal team values our cooperative culture, so the ideal candidate will have a team-minded attitude.
- Provide administrative support to the Legal team, including managing incoming physical mail, monitoring general legal team email accounts, calendaring meetings and events, and legal filings.
- Coordinate the contracting process for Home Instead, Inc. and its affiliated entities, including obtaining and maintaining signed copies of all contracts and entering all contracts into the contract management software program.
- Oversee the Legal team’s project management process, including corresponding with internal stakeholders, assigning projects to appropriate team members, and tracking projects within our management software system.
- Create and revise minor legal documents, including non-disclosure agreements, amendments, and similar documents.
- Support litigation deadlines, prepare discovery, and prepare minor litigation documents.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to the following:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent
- 5 years of administrative experience, preferably in a legal assistant role, or equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Paralegal experience or willingness to gain equivalent experience preferred
- Proficiency or ability to quickly learn Google office products and Slack
- Ability to reach with hands and arms to operate office equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen intently and effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with team members, colleagues, franchise owners and franchise employees
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information you will have access to in this role
- Flexibility and the willingness to pivot quickly and balance competing priorities
- Ability to organize projects supporting multiple stakeholders
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Interest in our company goal to change the face of aging for older adults and their families
Our range reflects the hiring range for this position. We use national average to determine pay as we are a remote first company. Individual pay is based on a number of factors including qualifications, skills, experience, education, and training.
Base pay is just a part of our total rewards program. Honor offers equity and 401K with up to a 4% match. We provide medical, dental and vision coverage including zero cost plans for employees. Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are fully employer paid with a voluntary additional Life Insurance option. We offer a generous time off program, mental health benefits, wellness program, and discount program.
Honor is remote friendly! We're hiring across the U.S., with an entirely virtual interview and onboarding process. Most of our positions are remote/work from home and do not require permanent relocation. As conditions allow, we have office space for in-person collaboration in our San Francisco Bay Area, CA and Austin, TX hubs. If you're looking for a great job that offers you the opportunity to work from home, we'd love to talk to you.
This role doesn’t sound quite right? Send this application to a friend who may be a fit and check out our other available roles!
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.