Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
About the Role
We’re looking to grow our Product Design practice area by adding a second product designer to our lean team. This team works across most project areas at Hummingbird—from our brand voice and website to our enterprise-grade product. We agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences. As a product designer at Hummingbird, you’ll drive new product strategy, development and execution.
What you’re looking to do:
- Specialize in our core web product and work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for that product
- Work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Engineering and Customer Experience on everything from developing and growing our product design systems to supporting user research via UX /UI projects
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
What we’re looking for:
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Have experience designing for business and developer-focused products
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional partners and crave feedback to help you produce your best work. Nothing is precious to you in the pursuit of the best design.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues, but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the Design team, and all of Hummingbird
- Consider yourself a product design generalist comfortable fully designing UI/UX and proficient in Figma
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive compensation including cash and equity.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits, and 401k.
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don't hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.