Hummingbird is a remote-first, fully distributed team united by the shared mission of helping fight financial crime. Since our launch in 2017, we’ve helped major financial institutions and tech-savvy trailblazers alike (e.g. Stripe, Affirm, etc.) orchestrate their compliance programs through our thoughtfully designed, intuitive SaaS product. We believe finding and stopping financial crime is a problem rooted in code, language and design, so we built the product that the heroes doing this work deserve.
We are customer-obsessed, and we love building and shipping great products. We set a high bar, challenge our assumptions, seek diverse opinions, and support each other to do our best work.
About the Role
We’re hiring a Sales Engineer, based on the West Coast, that is solely focused on working with our Sales team to help close prospective customers. This is a highly visible role that will be instrumental in helping Hummingbird scale.
What you’re looking to do:
- Partner with Account Executives and Solution Architects to craft prescriptive demos that showcase how Hummingbird meets the needs of prospective customers.
- Own presentation of customer facing demos.
- Engage with our prospect’s business and technical resources to fully understand their project goals, objectives, and success criteria as part of each project implementation engagement.
- Provide prospects with clear, proactive technical guidance and expertise across all our products and API’s.
- Advise with a strong sense of empathy that allows for a deep understanding of prospective customers’ technical needs.
What we’re looking for:
- You love working in a solutions oriented, client facing role and are highly empathetic towards prospects needed.
- 3-5 years demonstrated success in a dynamic, cross-functional, customer-facing role (SaaS required).
- Ability to explain technical solutions, establish goals, develop opportunities, and provide reporting/dashboards to identify trends and improve the customer experience.
- You have a passion for solving business problems with creativity, empathy, and pragmatism.
- Familiarity with how to use APIs and related tools such as cURL, Python, Postman.
- Openness to light travel.
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to help build from the ground up. The hires we’re making now are foundational to our growth as a company, so you will have an opportunity to help shape the future of Hummingbird.
- Competitive compensation including cash and equity.
- Remote-first, fully distributed company with flexible working hours.
- Awesome health, vision & dental benefits, and 401k.
- Safe, respectful & comfortable work environment with colleagues and leadership who prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please don't hesitate to contact us to request accommodation.