At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
About The Role:
As our Treasury Lead, you will manage the treasury function at Level, including monitoring our cash, investments, and reserves, as well as our relationships with all our banking and credit partners. At Level's core is money movement between our customers, their employees, and outside providers of services. This role will be heavily involved in working with our product and engineering teams to launch various payments and benefits products.
What You'll Do:
- Develop an understanding of all the money movement at Level across a number of different product lines and entities
- Forecast daily and long term cash requirements, execute daily financing decisions as needed, and establish cash management processes and systems
- Assist product and engineering teams with the implementation of new payment and benefits products across employers, employees, providers, and merchants.
- Partner with the operations team on identifying financial risk and setting up processes to monitor, measure, and reduce risk
- Collaborate with engineering, data science, and product teams to improve product flows and features
- Assist in operationalizing the billing, collections, and reporting process across our products
- Manage our cash balances, investments, and investment policies with third party advisors
- Manage and nurture relationships with banking and credit partners, and monitor usage and fees
- Set treasury policies and ensure regulatory compliance with all state reserve limits and any debt covenants
- Assist in corporate insurance renewals and other ad hoc projects as necessary
- Design and implement cash controls.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in treasury or related functions
- Past experience at a financial or fintech company preferred
- Experience with payment networks or card processing a plus
- Ability to create forecasting models to manage future cash flows
- Strong analytical and excel/sheets skills
- Self-starter and passionate about working on big, complex problems
- Collaborate well across technical and business teams
- Comfortable with negotiation and business development
- An ownership mentality, eager to grow in an early-stage company
- Nice to have: Knowledge of data visualization tools and SQL
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Wellbeing and Office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payments
This position has a minimum base salary of $165,000 and a midpoint base salary of $185,000. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards.
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only). Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program:
Something looks off?