Scientist - Plant Regeneration Systems
- Design, plan, and execute research experiments relating to woody plant tissue culture regeneration systems
- Manage projects for system development while routinely delivering quality results at production scale.
- Collect, maintain, and analyze detailed records of experimental and production data
- Develop, optimize, and execute protocols in a technical manner and while developing SOPs to guide others
- Perform lab functions vital to project success, such as media making.
- Coordinate within team / department through effective and timely communication to ensure project goals are met
- Ability to adapt to experimental workflow while developing new skills
- Nurture the desire to work in an exciting and rapidly evolving work environment
- Provide unique perspectives and collaborate to creatively solve problems as they arise
- MSc, PhD, or BSc with equivalent experience in plant biology, plant science, cell biology or related fields and experience working with plant biotechnology systems
- Extensive hands-on experience with plant tissue culture regeneration systems is required.
- Experience with somatic embryogenesis, especially in conifers such as pine or other woody species, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and creatively solve problems effectively and efficiently in plant tissue culture.
- Proven capacity to manage multiple experiments simultaneously and familiarity with LIMs systems.
- Fundamental knowledge of and subsequent application of plant regeneration techniques
- Independent, hands on bench work to achieve the aforementioned responsibilities.
- Experience with production-scale management and quality control is desirable.
- Excellent organization, with strong oral and written communication
Living Carbon PBC is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe the best solutions to climate change are created by diverse teams. Living Carbon is focused on building a multicultural and inclusive team with strong representation from the many diverse communities disproportionately impacted by climate change. As a public benefit corporation, ensuring solutions to slow climate change are widely distributed to all peoples is critical to the success of our mission.